Summer Intern - Rotational Program Support , Corporate
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Enterprise Rotation Programs Team supports the design and implementation of rotation based programs for The Walt Disney Company. Programs are built to attract talent and enhance the employee experiences, by providing developmental opportunities to create future leaders within the company. These full-time, two-year programs employ on-the-job assignments which cultivate key leadership and technical skills required to meet segment/ business unit strategic business objectives.
A Day in the Life…
This intern will support the functions of Disney's current Rotational Programs in Accounting and Technology Management, as well as the strategy and design of future programs. The ideal candidate will support the day-to-day operations of the program management team, and assist with ongoing program enhancements.
• Assist in the planning, scheduling and execution of summer development courses, as well as other summer programming events
• Partner with team-members with the on-going development of program learning objectives
• Support the discovery process through regular benchmarking and research of industry related programs
• Support the communication/updates for the program Associates
• Aid in the creation and enhancement of presentations and deliverables for program stakeholders, as well as presentations for prospective participants
• Support end-of-rotation transition activities and trainings, as well as onboarding the new class of Analysts and Associates
What we are looking for…
• Interest and/or experience in organization development and HR
• Strong proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience coordinating, scheduling and executing events
• Excellent written/verbal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong proficiency utilizing PowerPoint and/or Keynote
• General knowledge of talent development, recruitment, or related area of HR
• Experience in an HR communications based role
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Human Resources, or closely related field
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2018 through August 2018 (with potential to extend through fall season)
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
• Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank area
• Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney HR Strat & Srvces, an equal opportunity employer.