Summer Intern - Financial Planning & Analysis Studio
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Be a part of a transformative team…
The Walt Disney Studios distributes worldwide Motion Picture content across various platforms, including but not limited to, Live Theatre, Theatrical Film Distribution (Animated & Live Action), Music, In-Home Entertainment, and Television. The content is also distributed across various brands & banners, such as Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Touchstone, Disney Channel, Playhouse Disney, Toon Disney, ABC, and Disney Cinemagic.
The Studio Financial Planning & Analysis division is dedicated to providing high quality financial information and services to our business partners across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC). We support the decision making process by efficiently planning, reporting and analyzing business results.
A day in the life…
• Assisting with P&L consolidation & analysis
• Preparing deliverables including by-title reporting, variance analysis, profit-by-product reporting and franchise reporting
• Supporting ad-hoc projects
We're looking for…
• A combination of academic aptitude, quantitative skills, personal motivation, and advanced written and oral communications skills.
• Intermediate to advanced understanding of accounting and other financial principles
• Detail oriented, proficient in reviewing work prior to submission and able to manage multiple requests for various departments
• A desire to become licensed as a CPA
• Dedication to building a career in the accounting industry
• Business experience through internships or part-time work
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Interest in learning new financial systems such as COGNOS
• Proven ability to take on leadership positions or significant responsibility
• Currently enrolled in a college or university and working towards a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• 3.5 GPA or higher preferred
• Rising seniors strongly preferred (or entering 5th year of five year BS/MS program)
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full time work availability for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
• Must provide own transportation to/from work. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
Additional Program Information
• Intern should graduate within one year of the internship experience
• Intern should be pursuing or strongly considering a targeted talent development program upon graduation
• Intern will be considered at the end of the summer for possible offers for the post-graduate (AFRP) program
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer