Summer / Fall Intern - Talent Acquisition Analytics
The Walt Disney CompanyLake Buena Vista, FL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Talent Acquisition Analytics Intern (FL/CA), Corp - Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. With your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…The Talent Acquisition Analytics department provides day-to-day reporting and analytics related to hiring efforts across the Walt Disney Company. Thrive in a data rich environment where you will be responsible for extracting data from our HR recruitment system and transforming it into accurate and timely reports and dashboards that support the business needs of the recruitment organization.
A Day in the Life…
• Day-to-day reporting and analytics: Generally unsupervised based on established guidelines. Authority to make minor changes or modifications without approval. Proactively identifies, researches, and provides considerations to analysts on any data issues/errors.
• Database Management: Update key databases based on established time schedule and using a high level of detail to ensure complete accuracy. Proactively use judgment to research and analyze potential errors and develop recommendations on effective data management processes.
• Partner Collaboration: Handle direct and indirect (through analysts) requests for ad-hoc data analysis and reporting. Consult and negotiate on best approach and timing in order to deliver accurately in a timely manner
• Client Interaction: Communicate directly with clients as part of delivery of reporting results. Provide high level description of what data represents, follow up as needed with any questions or concerns providing understanding with minimal supervision
• Presentation Development: Create key charts and graphs as well as limited documents based on specific direction from analysts. Proactively provide recommendations on specific presentations and key points of analysis
What we are looking for…
• Aptitude for quantitative disciplines, such as, Finance, Accounting, Statistics
• Demonstrated strong technical ability, computer proficiency, and experience with PC-based databases and spreadsheets (i.e. MS Excel and MS Access)
• Proven problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to translate data for clients
• Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately and with minimal supervision
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and partnering ability
• Demonstrated strong organization skills with attention to detail
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
• Willingness to learn new software applications and quantitative skills
• Experience using SharePoint, Access, SAP, Tableau, Cognos and/or Business Objects
• Experience using Kenexa or other talent acquisition application
• Ability to develop and streamline processes
• Demonstrated sound business judgment skills
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Data Analytics, Data Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or closely related field
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
• Candidate must be available to work full time hours, approximately 40 per week, for the duration of the internship
• Able to provide own housing and transportation in either the Orlando, FL, Anaheim, CA or the Burbank, CA area
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, an equal opportunity employer.