The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr Secretary (Live Action Production/Development)
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
We have an exciting opportunity in Walt Disney Motion Picture Production – Creative Development for a Senior Secretary role.
The Sr Secretary position is an administrative support role covering phones, scheduling, expenses and other admin duties for 2 Directors in Production (Live Action).
This position falls under the collective bargaining agreement of OPEIU (Local 174).
• Roll calls & answer phones
• Schedule internal & external meetings (with writers, for projects in development/production, etc)
• Maintaining calendar
• Preparing and submitting expense reports
• Liaising with other Disney executives, producers, writers, and other assistants internally and externally
• Representing the department in a professional manner
• Supporting departmental projects as needed
• Maintaining organizational documents and monitoring status of deliverables
• Assisting in the preparation of meetings
• Maintaining files
• Processing vendor invoices
• Coordinating domestic and international travel
• Answering and screening incoming calls
• Maintaining call sheet
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong computer literacy and proficiency with SAP. Working knowledge of Adobe, Illustrator, Keynote preferred
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work well and maintain professionalism under pressure.
• Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills.
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
• Ability to work with confidential information.
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to take initiative and work with limited direction.
• Minimum of 1 year experience at a Studio, Production Company, Literary Agency or Talent Agency
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, an equal opportunity employer