Sr Operations Planner & Metrics Analyst
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The role requires solid experience with analytical reporting, metrics development, and data analysis including data and technology management (data acquisition, mining, analysis, data integrity management, metrics management, and reporting). Intermediate to expert working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic is a must.
The candidate will be responsible for developing new metrics, producing reports and scorecards, participating in continuous process improvements, and performing ad hoc analysis for senior management.
The candidate will also be providing overflow supply team support by performing tasks related to the successful release of a promotion as it relates to New Release production.
• Producing, auditing, and verifying monthly metrics and reporting to Senior Management
• Leading projects that identify opportunities for report automation
• Compiling, analyzing, and identifying metric trends
• Running monthly reports for internal departments and business partners
• Planning and developing new metrics
• Providing business requirements for testing and production to the development group
• Serving as a liaison to other business segments to discuss metrics trends
• Creating ad-hoc and custom reports
• Performs Post-Mortem analysis on New Release promotions with focus on improving efficiencies
• Reviews existing processes to determine effectiveness in meeting current needs
• Issues schedules and purchase orders; maintains quality control of production schedules
• Manages and tracks on-time PO and schedule completion
• Manages promotional Finished Goods, dry good, and corrugate inventory on hand quantities
• Synchronizes supply plan with actual and forecasted demand requirements
• Monitors production requirements; resolves delays and communicates impact
• Provides weekly reports to supervisor/manager
• Clears system errors and maintains data integrity
• Develops positive working relationships with other departments (internal and external)
• Resolves Accounts Payable (A/P) issues related to vendor payments
• Analyzes and recommends disposal of obsolete and excess inventory.
• Provides overflow supply team support
• Communicates to all divisions regarding past due work or encountered problems
• Recommends improvements communication of delays to stakeholders
• Participates in miscellaneous projects
• Departmental Interface:
• Brand Marketing
• Retail Marketing
• Operations Planning
• Configuration Management
• Corporate Print Purchasing
• Inventory Control
• Account Services
• Technicolor US and Canada
• Advanced Excel skills
• Formulas and Functions
• VBA Programming and Automation of Data transformation
• Charts and Dashboards
• Advanced Pivot tables
• Knowledge of Visual Basic
• Proven background translating cell formulas in Excel into VBA code and using Excel-based VBA to design, analyze, and deploy programs
• Extensive experience implementing software user interface improvements based on business needs
• Develop VBA application to store or manipulate data in Excel easily
• Utilize VBA to combine and produce automated reporting
• Full understanding of Dashboard and Score Card concepts
• Proficient in Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)
• Applies experience and a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
• Applies and understands the best in class supply chain processes (e.g., allocation rules, business rules, inventory management concepts, high level capacity constraints, etc).
• Generates reports and performs analysis effectively.
Software Applications/Systems and Tools
• Working knowledge of MRP (Material Requirements Planning)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project) and SAP
• APICS certified a plus
• SAP experience a plus
• Consumer packaged goods and/or entertainment industry experience preferred
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
This position is with The Walt Disney Pictures, an equal opportunity employer