Senior Manager Survey Research
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Survey Research is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's ongoing listening strategies and processes to capture the voice of our workforce, leaders, candidates and alumni. This includes driving the strategy, development, implementation, and ongoing program management of HR surveying designed to enhance the business success of multiple, unique business segments and HR functions, while also optimizing the employee experience for a large and diverse, global workforce.
This role can reside in Burbank or Orlando.
This position requires strong program and project management skills and experience, as well as strong influencing skills. The Senior Manager, Survey Research will need to be able present a thorough point of view regarding surveys and employee listening strategies, while also consulting to ensure diverse, high-level stakeholder buy-in.
The role requires an individual that can assess business situations as well as identify and implement the appropriate survey research solutions. This requires a deep understanding of the employee life cycle and the connections between employee experiences and business results. This understanding, and the understanding of the employee as consumer, forms the foundation of the enterprise survey strategy, which the Senior Manager, Survey Research will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining, along with the enterprise survey platform, including programming and maintaining item and survey content libraries and templates.
The primary responsibility will be to create and manage best-in-class employee surveys (including life-cycle, recurring, and ad hoc) that drive the business results of The Walt Disney Company Enterprise, including diverse business segments and HR functions. There is a heavy program management component to the role, requiring strong project management and organizational skills.
• 8 years progressive HR and/or Research experience preferably with program management responsibilities
• Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex information to develop innovative research and HR solutions that are forward thinking and growth oriented
• Broad business understanding and the ability to connect to human capital implications in order to design business-focused research solutions
• Strong executive consulting and client relationship skills
• Proven collaboration skills with the ability to gain consensus through personal influence
• Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a high degree of initiative and creativity
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodology (including focus groups, statistical techniques, data mining, text analytics, survey design, survey sampling, and data collection strategies)
• Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous priorities
• Demonstrated integration and strategic planning skills
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated project and program management skills
• Demonstrated expertise with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Demonstrated expertise in survey tools (such as Confirmit) preferred
• Master's degree or equivalent
• Graduate Degree in Economics, I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or closely related field with an emphasis on research design
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.