Senior Financial Analyst - Studio Operations
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Studio Operations is focused on the execution and delivery of The Walt Disney Studio's feature content. With shrinking timelines and increased complexity of deliverables, we strive to deliver more and faster, without decreasing quality, security or increasing overhead costs. Studio Operations Finance is focused on providing operational support to our business partners to ensure that they have the most efficient and cost effective workflows, as well as managing direct In Home and Mastering costs.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this Senior Financial Analyst will primarily support the Asset Finishing division which manages the Company's physical and digital inventory and creates DVD and Blu-ray products. This position will be required to prepare and present analysis directly to top financial and operational executives of the Asset Finishing division. The role requires ability to multi-task across numerous deliverables including:
• Management of quarter close, annual operating plan, and forecasts for Asset Finishing overhead cost centers
• Management of direct costs for New and Library Title mastering and the Mickey Shorts program
• Management of the General Marketing and title specific Marketing budget
• Quarterly overhead reporting and variance analyses
• Identification of process improvement opportunities and implementation of best practices
• Financial analysis and support for key strategic initiatives
• Review of rate cards and expenses to identify cost savings opportunities
• Analysis of allocation methodology for Physical/Digital storage and servicing costs
• Support the Operational team by providing SAP/PO account coding support
• Oversee ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• 4-6 years of relevant experience
• Budgeting and forecasting experience
• Ability to develop comprehensive/complex financial analysis with limited guidance
• Detail oriented and organized
• Strong project and time management skills
• Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
• Customer focused
• Ability to multi-task and deploy resources efficiently
• Demonstrates ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts and processes
• Advanced proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint, and SAP & COGNOS strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
• Progressive finance or accounting experience, industry experience preferred
• CPA preferred
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.