Senior Financial Analyst - Licensing
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Key Finance Support to Licensing Team
• Support Licensing team decisions with sales trend analysis
• Issue sales reporting package for Licensing to aid in sales and finance decisions
• Develop new process to track all licensing sales to properly forecast projected revenue recognition dates and to aid Controllership in quarterly booking of actuals
• Support quarterly forecasting and annual budget processes
• Manage the work flow of the Flash/Forecast, AOP, and 5YP submissions
• Assist in the submission of the division's P&L, Cash flow, and Variance templates to Studio
• Develop revenue forecasts to be used in the quarterly flash/forecast, AOP, and 5 Year Plan by working closely with Licensing Team
Financial Reporting & Close
• Act as financial liaison between Controllership team and Finance to ensure accuracy of Licensing P&L. Work directly with the Controllership team to resolve issues.
• Assist in creating / implementing quarterly management financial reporting package
• Analyze historical licensing sales to determine revenue booked to date on a cash basis vs. accrual basis
• 5 Years of progressive Finance experience
• Proven capability in strategic problem framing, issue identification, and the development of practical business solutions
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong financial modeling skills (intermediate/advanced Excel capabilities, MS Access a plus)
Bachelor's degree in Finance (MBA a plus)
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.