Production Supervisor, Disney Character Events
The Walt Disney CompanyLondon, UK
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Production Supervisor to join the Disney Character Events team on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Disney Character Events is part of the Disney Theatrical Group of the Walt Disney Company EMEA. The Character Events group is a small team dedicated to creating top quality entertainment-based events and character appearances to support key business initiatives, internal staff events and the Company's outreach program.
The Production Supervisor role will oversee all operational aspects of the Character Events business and will be a central support to this small but active group. Proven experience working with full-body costumed characters, proven event management and production ability is required and strong communication skills are essential as the role requires interaction across multiple business units, markets and key strategic partners within EMEA.
As part of the Disney Character Events Team and working within the different aspects of the department, the Character Events Production Supervisor will focus primarily on Star Wars Character appearances and events with secondary focus on Disney & Marvel opportunities.
This role will work to support the Character Events Manager and together be will responsible for all aspects of Character appearances for EMEA.
Areas of Responsibility / Accountability:
SUPERVISON OF CHARACTER APPEARANCES FOR STAR WARS, MARVEL & DISNEY EVENTS ACROSS EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA:
• Qualifying and approval of Star Wars Character appearances across Europe, Middle East and Africa in co-operation with Lucasfilm, Corporate Brand Management and Franchise Teams
• On-site production management for events and productions
• Oversee all physical aspects of Character appearances to the highest standards of the Disney Brand
• Working with talent agencies and costumed fan groups to book & contract talent for Character events
• Prepare and manage budgets & facilitate payments of talent
• Organisation of talent travel, event itineraries and logistics
• Liaison with third party agencies and companies to deliver events at Disney levels of excellence
• Develop and structure the event review processes for use of costumed fan groups on events across EMEA in co-operation with Lucasfilm Fan Relations
• Monitor event standards and quality through post event summaries and client feedback
• Supervision of technical requirements for events and productions including health and safety requirements and risk assessments.
• Oversee department technical assets including automated props & costumes and technical equipment
• Supervision of department asset logistics for shipping and transportation
• Administration of procedures for talent background checks and appropriate code of conduct
• Liaison with security regarding appropriate measures for event security protocols
• Support the department Character Training Program
• Source freelancers and agency support as necessary
SUPERVISION OF WAREHOUSE FACILITY
• Oversee the operations of UK warehouse facility in co-operation with the Costume & Asset Specialist
• Oversee administration of control and checks of the asset warehouse facility
• Monitor budgets for maintenance of assets for annual department budget planning for quarterly forecasts and year-end reconciliations
• Researches costume stock capabilities for all projects, including close liaison with Character Programs and Development globally to review new costume requirements in EMEA
FINANCIAL / CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Casual Buying abilities for vendor maintenance and payments
• Department P-card owner and responsible for reconciliations and expense tracking
• Job and account tracking for all events, partnering with Finance and Accounts for invoicing and event budgeting
• Client interface and participation in client meetings and in presentation of concepts
• Reconciliation of post event expenses
Experience & Professional Qualifications Required:
Theatre or Event Management related degree or related experience preferred
Proven experience in event management or event production related fields
Disney Character or Co-ordinator training preferred
Knowledge of health & safety, risk assessments and manual handling preferred
Knowledge of animatronics or articulated costumes an advantage
Experience of working within a complex, high work-load and fast paced environment
Excellent knowledge of Star Wars brand, movies and characters
Strong communications skills both written and verbal
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
Team player, flexible with excellent organisation skills and proactive approach
Attention to detail and ability to demonstrate initiative and pride in delivery
Excellent PC skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and Photoshop
English speaking but additional languages an advantage
Must be prepared to travel and work non-standard business hours and weekends
All candidates must have existing UK working rights to be considered.