The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We are seeking a JR PUBLICIST that will support the In-Home publicity team for Walt Disney Studios and DATG Distribution in Burbank, CA. Note this is a Union role, part of IATSE Local 600
• Oversee 20 regional agencies servicing the top 35 US markets with responsibilities including:
• Set promotional and publicity directives for targeted outreach efforts across the country
• Strategize implementation of directives across multiple media genres
• Provide press pitches and potential story angles
• Manage regional budgets across all markets
• Work within the theatrical material and in-home online media team to maximize efficiencies of campaigns through to the in-home window – materials, bloggers, social media editorialization, local social efforts etc.
• Oversee the development and approval of in-home specific material:
• Family press kits
• Promotional Items for WOM programs and special events as needed
• Targeted press mailings
• Liaise with digital marketing group to maximize PR efforts:
• Ensure Search Engine marketing key words are built into the overall press releases/materials
• Key PR activities/coverage/events are maximized as part of social media editorial calendars
• Drive the development and implementation of ePR strategies on titles, incl:
• Multimedia press releases
• Blogger targeting and tactics
• Extend campaigns to support key retailers and retail initiatives
• Coordinate and oversee various blogger specific events including junkets and regional events
• Maintain and build key blogger relationships and contact lists
• Help to coordinate budget with other team members
• Review and submit product orders with title management team (to be in line with title budget)
• Input to project leads on budget and product orders to support reviews/giveaways etc.
• Ensure relevant invoice coding / budget updates
• Assist in filmmaker / talent handling and liaison (where applicable)
• Support 'red carpet' execution at relevant events
• Oversee the reporting and ongoing updates on campaigns to project leads
• 3 years previous work experience in entertainment publicity; in-home/Home Entertainment Film PR experience a plus.
• Strong relationships with entertainment press (traditional print press as well as online, emphasis on regional press, bloggers and social media websites).
• Experience pitching a variety of press and crafting a PR strategy
• Strong knowledge and understanding of social media and digital / online / viral press and publicity.
• Experience managing outside vendors and/or agencies
• Cross-disciplinary project management experience
• Experience in marketing/promoting a product/brand
• Knowledge of the in-home industry and its respective distribution platforms (4K UHD, Digital, Movies Anywhere, Blu-ray, digital video services, etc.)
• Excellent communication and writing skills; writing samples may be requested.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint & Keynote
• Detail-oriented, self-directed skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including adaptability to last-minute changes
• Ability to work successfully in an extremely fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment.
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
• May require travel domestically, a few times a year
BA/BS in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, English or Journalism preferred
This position is with The Traveling Lab, an equal opportunity employer