Summer/Fall Intern - Human Resources Business Partner Graduate
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. With your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Corporate HR team contributes to defining and implementing a Human Resource strategy which aligns and integrates with corporate strategy and objectives. This HR team serves as strategic partners to key clients by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration.
A Day in the Life…
The Human Resources Business Partner Graduate Intern offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney through meaningful and productive projects. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social activities. This intern will assist with special projects in our Corporate Human Resources department, focusing on HR Business Partner concerns.
• Assist with the major Organizational Development and Workforce insights initiatives for HR – Talent Planning, Employee Engagement action plan implementation, Performance Management, and HR Analytics Research Projects for larger Corporate client groups
• Partner with the HR Business Partners to facilitate special projects involving team development (coordination of off-site team-building programs, researching development internal and external programs for recommendation, etc.).
• Act as the Project Lead under the guidance of Senior HR Manager for key initiatives
What we are looking for…
• Interest, experience or coursework in Human Resources or Organizational Development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
• Strong technical and communication skills; professional writing skills are a plus
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to research and consolidate information to draw conclusions or tell a story
• Previous Human Resources or Organizational Development experience
• Passion for the Disney brand
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
• Currently pursuing a Master's degree or MBA with a focus in Human Resources, Organizational Development or a closely related field
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
• The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through early January 2019
• Candidates with spring availability may be considered for an immediate start
• Candidate must be available to work part time hours, approximately 20-24 per week, for the duration of the internship
• Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank area
• Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must be at least 18 years of age