Director, Non-Theatrical Sales
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
At Disney Studios Non-Theatrical, you will help us bring feature movies, shorts, and TV product to millions of people in North America and to airline and cruise ship passengers and military personnel around the globe, connecting Disney with the world.
Disney Studios Non-Theatrical is looking for a Director to handle movie licensing (including the Disney, Pixar, LucasFilm, and Marvel brands) in venues outside the commercial theatrical arena. Some of the major markets we serve are Airlines, Military, Colleges, Elementary and Secondary Schools, Cruise Ships, and Parks and Recreation accounts.
• Manage our Agent Movie Licensing business in the U.S. & Canada and our Military Movie Licensing business globally, including meeting financial targets and handling sales promotion activities.
• Secondarily, manage select Airline sales accounts and driving our Airline business overall.
• Create, monitor and review our agent royalty reports and payments, and analyze all reports to determine changes in booking trends and/or revenue.
• Identify and pursue ''white space'' opportunities for additional sales within the airline, agent, repertory and military markets.
• Continually evaluate emerging technologies in all non-theatrical markets, but especially the Airline market to enhance DS-NT's position in a rapidly changing environment.
• Identify and employ flexible business models in order to maximize our stake in the Non-theatrical business. Look for cost efficiencies, potential for increased revenue, and additional customers.
• Draw up single direct movie licensing agreements where required.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in feature film sales
• In depth knowledge and experience with sales accounts
• Strong knowledge of non-theatrical guidelines and processes desired
• Strong relationship skills
• Problem solver, ability to make quick decisions
• Team player
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to build a network both within our organization as well as with our non-theatrical partners
• Have integrity in dealing with our partners, especially the government entities
• Bachelor's degree
• Disney Studios Non-Theatrical is a wholly owned subsidiary within the Walt Disney Studios Distribution Group with its own P & L.
This position is with Buena Vista Non-Theatrical, Inc.