Director, Marketing - Movies Anywhere
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for leading the marketing strategy, development, and execution of the overall lifecycle marketing strategy for Movies Anywhere. This individual will lead a team of marketers to deliver growth marketing initiatives that increase product adoption and build end-to-end lifecycle marketing programs that drive engagement, retention, and loyalty. The ideal candidate is data-driven, customer-obsessed, passionate about entertainment and technology, and a hands-on leader that can balance strategy and tactics through execution. The Director of Marketing will report to the Vice President of Marketing and work closely with the heads of product, engineering, data analytics, legal, and finance.
• Product & Marketing: Drive brand and marketing strategy, product, technology and data teams to continually improve the customer experience and shape new product features that build brand awareness, grow our user base, and drive customer engagement.
• User Acquisition: Oversee a top-of-funnel, multi-channel acquisition strategy and execution plan (paid media, partnerships, display, etc.) that maximizes user acquisition, drives app downloads, and generates user sign-ups across platforms (mobile, web, connected TVs).
• Customer Engagement & Retention: Drive strategy and execution of lifecycle marketing to onboard, retain, build loyalty to increase the lifetime value of customers and improve their customer journey (includes building a customer segmentation framework, developing a roadmap for a scalable CRM solution, and launching a rewards program).
• Data Analysis & Reporting: Establish goals and KPIs and a measurement plan to optimize campaigns. Provide performance analysis, ROI and insights for all channels/tactics. Work closely with finance and data analytics team to analyze campaign effectiveness, track budget and provide accurate forecasts.
• Thought leadership: Be a thought leader for the organization to push the envelope in an evolving entertainment and digital content consumption landscape. Have a strong pulse on relevant trends, consumer insights, and technologies that impact our industry and the way customers consume video content.
• 10 years of film marketing expertise with experience (theatrical and/or home entertainment)
• Strong understanding of the role digital plays across multiple disciplines – branding, media, social, promotions, research, product, and customer engagement
• Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills – up, down, across, and outside the organization
• Strong analytical skills with proven marketing analytics experience.
• Experience leading and building teams
• Recent experience with a digital/mobile/e-commerce product that is offered direct to consumers
• Bachelor's degree
• MBA preferred
This position is with Movies Anywhere, an equal opportunity employer