Director, D&I Talent Development Programs
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Diversity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To stay relevant in the market place, we strive to have the people and culture that enable us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future.
The Diversity and Inclusion team serves as a center of excellence for the enterprise, leading the development of D&I business strategy, partnering with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
The Director, D&I Talent Development Programs, reports to the VP, People & Culture for The Walt Disney Company, serving as strategic partner for all talent functions globally. This individual contributor role, will introduce best practices to attract, retain and develop diverse talent across lines of business and geographies, helping Disney become a leader in the art and science of ''uncovering talent.''
• Study talent management system(s) to identify opportunities for bias mitigation
• Work with business leaders and HR stakeholders to prioritize diversity interventions across the enterprise
• Steer the development and maintenance of data and insights needed to properly assess our progress
• Recommend onboarding and learning strategies for diverse talent segments
• Manage investments and budgets, ensuring that the highest impacts are made
• Develop metrics/dashboards in partnership with Insights COE, providing better transparency of company performance and progress
• Ensures business segments have access to the right analytics and insights at the right time
• Share best practices to support the development of an inclusive environment across the enterprise
• Identify and prioritize professional memberships and publications that offer high value insights for diverse talent
• Partner with Communications to articulate stories of success for talent with diverse backgrounds, ways of thinking, cultures, etc.
• Provide strong input into employer branding efforts to attract the best talent that reflects our market
• Develop toolkits for talent leaders
• Operationalize enterprise-wide focused priorities, such as sponsorship programs for a particular population
• Identify ways to mine for talent from untapped and unexpected sources
• Support segments in building internal and external talent pipelines and identify resources required to lead in our markets
• Enhance enterprise insight about what remedies are most effective to advance inclusion
• Serve as trusted counsel to business leaders on D&I matters
• Support the capability building of ERGs across the enterprise
• Ensure global perspective is embedded in all efforts
• To be successful, this leader needs to have four core characteristics:
• A keen mind for business and business performance
• Deep understanding of what drives business cultures
• A natural orientation to collaboration, with inherent understanding about when to lead and when to support
• The ability to garner trust from leaders at all levels
• 7 years of progressive leadership experience in business, marketing, HR or related area
• Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends in the market place
• Leads with the business in mind; thinks and acts strategically
• Challenges accepted wisdom
• Cultivates his/her own curiosity AND focuses on impact
• Has a compelling track record of leading or influencing transformation of talent processes
• Experienced in leading the integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
• Moves quickly, with regular communication and visible progress against objectives
• Builds concrete solutions
• Has built and motivated high-performing, cross functional and collaborative teams
• Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-making at all levels of a complex, global organization
• Equally comfortable in quantitative and qualitative environments
• Manages focused, successful outcomes with outside partners
• Leads so that others choose to follow
• Communicates in clear and compelling ways (written/verbal) and adapts appropriately for the environment
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Master's degree in related field
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.