The Lighting Design GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Summary: The purpose of this position is to support project managers in their management of broadcast lighting projects consistent with LDG standards and mission. This position is accountable for ensuring that: projects are executed/implemented from pre-production through closeout, LDG policies and procedures are met, and deadlines are met. The Project Coordinator may also have primary responsibility for smaller projects, as deemed by the Vice President of Production.
Areas of responsibility include:
1. Support project managers in execution of projects from pre-production through close-out ensuring that work is completed on time and all deadlines are met;
2. Follow production department policies and procedures;
3. Learn all financial management aspects of project management, including: budgets, managing budgets during actual production, purchase orders and close outs;
4. Work with Scheduling Coordinator to ensure that crew and designer calendars are accurate and up to date;
5. Ensure that vendor invoices, expense reports and company credit card usage is properly documented before project managers submit to finance as required for proper AP, AR and Payroll processing;
6. As directed by the projects managers, work with equipment department/production gaffer for purchase and/or rental of project related equipment as appropriate.
• Provide regular updates/status reports to the Vice President of Production, project managers, lighting designers, and client managers as requested;
• Participate in project kick-off meetings and ensure that milestones are established;
• At the direction of the project managers, collaborate and communicate with project team to ensure that deliverables and deadlines are being met, and that client satisfaction is achieved;
• Work with project managers, Vice President of Production to proactively troubleshoot and solve problems so that LDG is seen as a solution-provider;
• Support project managers to ensure that all internal (to LDG) and external (to client) deadlines are met.
• Superior execution of project management tasks for broadcast lighting projects as requested by the project managers;
• Develop strong organizational skills, with particular focus on achieving deliverables and deadlines.
• Develop critical thinking skills to ensure cultivation of problem-solving skills.
• Learn LDG production policies, procedures, and protocol;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Positive feedback from project managers, designers, client managers and clients;
• A strong work ethic and pride in ''job well done''.
Project coordinators report to the Vice President of Production.
No Phone calls. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online