The Lighting Design GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Lighting Design Group is an internationally recognized broadcast and entertainment lighting design firm based in New York City. The production assistant position supports the activities of the Production, Equipment and Systems departments including: administrative project functions, site delivery of documents and/or equipment, equipment rental/procurement.
Areas of Responsibility
• Procure and deliver supplies and/or paperwork to job sites and/or vendors.
• Research projects for the Production, Equipment and Systems departments.
• Assist the Production staff and Equipment Manager in the following areas:
o Purchasing/renting equipment
o Truck deliveries/pick-ups coordination
o Collecting and preparing budget and closeout paperwork
• Light duty work that may require hand tools, such as packing/unpacking of equipment for shipping and assembly of fixture components
• Additional tasks based on individual skill set.
• Timely delivery of project paperwork and equipment to job sites, specifically ensuring Lighting Designers and Gaffers have complete, up to date sets of documentation prior to the start of each project.
• Assist in maintaining complete and accurate production files for all current and past projects.
• Conduct research on equipment/manpower as requested by Department Managers.
• Assist Department Managers in equipment rental and purchase arrangements from vendors specifying delivery dates, times and locations; timely follow up with vendors to ensure specified delivery and pick up.
• Assist Department Managers with collecting timesheets, gaffer reports, and other information for completing project close outs.
• Assist office ALD/draftsperson with Vectorworks and CAD overflow, if qualified.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe, Power Point, Quickbooks
• Research pro
• Xytech MediaPulse a plus
• Vectorworks/CAD Drafting a plus
The Production Assistant reports to the VP Production.
No Phone calls. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online