Senior Film Reporter
The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) is seeking an experienced self-starting, ambitious, enterprising and passionate Senior Film Reporter who will break news and pitch big impact stories about the Film business and industry, from the C-suite through production. Your passion for the film industry should fuel the stories and present a unique angle and perspective on the news of the day while maintaining the voice of The Hollywood Reporter.
You will have and continue to cultivate access at the highest levels at film studios and production companies. Comfortable and savvy working in print, online and social media. Must thrive in a deadline and fast paced environment with a willingness to ''get'' the story. Able to work and collaborate with editorial teams across the company and on both coasts.
Job duties are but not limited to the following:
• Generate, pitch and develop stories from tips and sources
• Edit stories
• Book interviews
• Interview talent, executives, and filmmakers for feature content
• Travel, attend and report from and about film festivals (international and domestic)
• Report and write trend and business news for both online and print
• Minimum 5 years in entertainment industry reporting specifically in film
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
• Commitment to the journalistic mission and integrity of The Hollywood Reporter
• Well sourced in the film industry with strong relationships with agents, producers and executives
• Track record of impact-oriented journalism on film business and industry
• Comfortable with editing and investigative reporting
• Ability to respond to rapidly-shifting priorities and demands, based on organizational needs and news cycle while evaluating tips/leads for news worthiness
• Able to travel and work long hours when necessary
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.