The Hollywood ReporterLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter seeks an associate editor (written editorial) for THR.com to report multiple articles daily on tight deadlines as well as edit and publish stories from beat writers, correspondents, freelancers and wire service providers.
The editor will be the first in line for identifying, advancing and writing breaking stories as they arrive as well as aggregating from other authoritative sources. The role requires working with multiple section editors to prioritize writing and editing assignments.
The associate editor also helps curate the homepage for THR.com, coordinates with social media editors on promotion of stories on multiple platforms and web produces stories from the print magazine.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years' of experience as a writer or editor at a magazine, newspaper or digital news site.
• Ability to identify stories that are driving the conversation in the entertainment industry.
• A fast and accurate writer with an understanding of how news breaks online and how to advance stories with a phone call or email.
• Familiar with Chartbeat and Google Analytics, with an eye toward making decisions factoring in reader engagement.
• Ability to prioritize hourly breaking news writing with multiple daily editing assignments.
• Understands SEO and similar content production best practices
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or related field
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Team player with positive, proactive, problem solving attitude
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from more experienced candidates. Compensation and responsibilities will depend on experience/qualifications.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.