The H CollectivePlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
This is a key hire for our company. The position will report directly to our COO and will interact with the CFO of our foreign parent company. We are seeking a dynamic candidate who is a self-thinker and motivator. This candidate should demonstrate leadership qualities and solid accounting experience. Additionally, this person must be able to work under specific timelines. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing team and be an integral part of the company that is poised for significant growth.
• Produces financial statements and computerized reports such as balance sheets and P&Ls.
• Report financial data accurately and on-time
• Properly file tax, insurance, payroll and other reports required by governmental regulations
• Produce financial plans such as reports, summaries, forecasts, cost projections, analysis, budgets and supporting documentation
• Work with IT to integrate all accounting functions
• Reports covering sales, earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results provide guidance and direction to Executive Leadership Team
• Manages the P&L of the company
• Makes recommendations on policies, strategies, objectives and activities that, once implemented, improve operations and/or save money
• Provides general direction and guidance to managers in various areas
• Modifications to existing company programs produce better results (output, timeliness, quality or cost savings)
• Develops an effective system of internal controls
• Consistent company-wide policies and practices are used by appropriate personnel
• Assures company compliance with all government regulations and procedures
• Ensures operation effectively achieves objectives
• Manages staff and one or more functional areas: payroll, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
• Ensures information and reports are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
• Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
• Flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities that add value to the company and handle special projects as requested by senior management
• Manages relationships, contracts, contacts with banks, credit card company, insurance providers, and other vendors as required, in conjunction with legal and business affairs executives.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Masters or MBA preferred
• CPA preferred
• Bilingual Mandarin speaker preferred
• 8-12 years of experience
• Prior experience in the Entertainment Industry required
• Must have experience managing a finance/accounting department
• Familiarity with international tax issues
• Familiarity with production cost reports
• Experience with the preparation of profit participation statements for talent and investor participations reporting
• Must have proficient technical (Microsoft office) skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work well under pressure, to meet firm deadlines.
• Must be the finance ''thought leader'' for the organization
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities, many that are time sensitive
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online