Web Producer & Content Strategist
The E.W. Scripps CompanyPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
Highly-regarded national lifestyle/entertainment/news TV show THE LIST is looking for an experienced forward-thinking, WEB PRODUCER & CONTENT STRATEGIST. You must love trends, pop-culture and lifestyle programming and be a terrific writer. We offer a creative environment and an exciting pace. Ability to meet deadlines and have a blast doing it is also a must. This show shoots 50 weeks a year out of Phoenix, AZ. You'll need to be willing to move and enjoy great weather eight months out of the year!
THE LIST is your go-to destination for the hottest in life hacks, pop culture trends, deals, gadgets and DIY projects that simplify your life. THE LIST delivers everything you need to know about what's trending in the form of a fun list. If it's happening, it's on THE LIST.
Oversee all content development & publishing on website, mobile app & YouTube for THE LIST.
• Develop the sites' overall plan to grow page views, video views and engagement.
• Identify, write & post daily branded content on digital platforms with focus on thelisttv.com, YouTube & mobile app.
• Daily monitor & share web analytics to assess user experience, site stickiness & engagement.
• Work closely with Social Media Strategist and Digital AP to develop daily content placement strategies to maximize exposure and engagement across all platforms.
• Work with Senior Producers & producers to identify the most engaging content, strategize about the placement and write web/social tosses for broadcast to drive viewers to the website.
• Identify/Research new content partnerships with digital distributors to expand footprint for The List.
• Maintain brand identify across all digital content & platforms.
• Monitor content performance of website & YouTube and develop strategic content categories/verticals with marketing team.
• Distribute The List content to syndication partners and monitor performance on their platforms. Report results to Director of Marketing & Eps.
• Build out special sections and site features to enhance user experience & engagement.
• Work with other departments as needed on website and initiatives that require content integration.
• Apply SEO best practices to every piece of branded content.
• Advise leadership team on analytics.
• Grow usage of platforms.
• Coordinate with editorial & technical staff to facilitate the migration of multimedia content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos & graphics.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed.
Education and Experience/Certifications
• BS/BA in related discipline or commensurate experience.
• Generally 5+ years of experience in related field.
• Experience with content management systems, HTML, Audio Editing, Image Editing, CSS and Social Networking required.
• 2 plus years experience producing, managing and showcasing online content required.
Skills and Abilities
• Must have a strong desire to focus on web-based content.
• Must demonstrate good journalism and writing skills (including AP style) as well as an understanding of current events.
• Must understand basic journalism legal principles.
• Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced progressive TV show environment strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of online content management systems required.
• Experience working with online metrics and analytics preferred.
• Basic Final Cut X editing skills
• Excellent writing skills a must
• Must be creative and have good people skills
• A moderate level of mobility is required in expediting work flow processes and procedures.
• Must be physically able to sit at a work station and maintain productivity for upwards of eight (8) hours on occasion.
• A relatively high degree of mental acuity and social skills are necessary to successfully interact with coworkers, newsroom supervisors, and the general public, often under time-sensitive conditions.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including ''Pickler & Ben,'' runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, ''Give light and the people will find their own way.''
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online