UX / UI Designer
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
Who you are:
• A Real Pro. Not only have you gone through a few release cycles, but you've shipped best-in-class products each time.
• A Creative Thinker. You have a serious (serious) passion for producing beautiful, clean & unique designs.
• An Artist. You have a deep understanding of composition, color, layout & typography, and you love it all.
• Quick Study. You quickly pick up brand style and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledgeable. You deeply understand ''user-centered design principles'' & design as communication, not just fine art.
• Satisfaction. You take pride in your work - ''Polish'' is your first and middle name.
• Daring. You're not afraid to push the boundaries to explore new territory. The best ideas win here.
What you'll do:
• Create beautiful, clean UI while maintaining brand consistency.
• Work closely with the product and engineering teams to implement various design projects.
• Create groundbreaking design that increases the impact of campaign objectives. We like people who can bring ideas to the table, especially when thinking outside the box.
• Participate in product brainstorms & creative concept development.
• Prototype on multiple platforms.
• Geek out on the details. You live & breathe this stuff!
What you'll bring:
• An active online portfolio on one of the major sites (Dribble, Behance, etc.)
• 3 years of relevant experience
• 2 years experience in the complete lifecycle - successfully delivering web, mobile and/or software apps
• Experience designing for mobile
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
• A positive, up-beat attitude!
• Ability to take the lead - working well independently & with a team - and skilled at juggling many projects at once
• Experience with anything animation or motion graphics related
• Experience working with Web, iOS and Android platforms
Ready to apply? Of course you are! Remember to…
• Submit your cover letter and/or resumé in .pdf format (no Word docs, please!)
• Submit your portfolio
• Send us something awesome & tell us why. This could be your favorite graphic, made by you or someone else
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!