Head Of Japan
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Do you have a bucket list that includes traveling the four corners of the earth? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is on a mission to inspire the taste of a generation. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the mobile web to Apple TV, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
Tastemade is looking for a Head of Japan to support our mission: To inspire people to create great experiences for themselves and their world. The ideal candidate will have experience building a media business Japan.
Who you are:
• Entrepreneurial. You are ready to build a modern media company that will change the way people experience lifestyle content.
• Someone With Vision & Strategy. You're able to identify market opportunities, define the vision, and lead the team to deliver.
• Knowledgeable about the Local Market. You understand Japanese consumers, platforms, and advertisers.
• A Great Manager. You know how to build teams, develop culture, and foster a productive and rewarding work environment.
What you'll do:
• Build on the initial success of Tastemade Japan by structuring the company for its next phase of growth.
• Lead the company's pursuit of strategic initiatives in Japan including the delivery of engaging entertainment, exciting experiences, and authentic products.
• Manage Tastemade Japan's P&L.
• Leverage our content, programing, and sales capabilities to drive audience and revenue goals.
• Provide oversight and ownership over the implementation and development of Tastemade Japan on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as Tastemade's O&O properties, including .com, the Tastemade app, AppleTV, and others.
• Work directly with the sales & brand partnerships team to drive and help close significant revenue generating deals.
The Ideal Candidate Is:
• An experienced leader: someone who has led teams, negotiated complex deals, and managed a P&L.
• A great communicator who can apply Tastemade's global vision to Japan.
• An authority on the digital media landscape in Japan with an understanding of how to navigate it.
• Someone who values taste in lifestyle categories like Food, Travel, and Home & Design.
Perks of the job:
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days, paid holidays, benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook Pro, or equivalent hardware
• Colleagues that are fellow food & travel lovers!