Festival Technical Production Coordinator
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 1/3/2018-2/2/2018
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. Additionally, role is lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). Position is also required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility and strength is required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates technical production logistics for the Sundance Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports AV and tech setup at events, venues, etc. to ensure quality control of audio and video presentations.
• Documents build outs and installations with photos, drawings, pro/con notes, etc.
• Creates schedule and is onsite to build temporary venues based on outlined specifications.
• Assists with event production and logistics related to audio/video production, lighting, staging and live streaming from pre-production through execution.
• Manages hardware inventory to support event.
• Communicates effectively with vendors, partners, company executives and a wide range of stakeholders i.e. timelines, deadlines, etc.
• Participates in final walk-throughs and inspections, with manager, and follow throughs to ensure build-out specifications are met and legal codes are in compliance.
• Updates and maintains master timeline document.
• Supports special projects for the team as needed.
• Travels to various theatres, venues, temporary structures to support onsite execution.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report, as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in an event-related technical role.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work an intense schedule, including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.