Festival Coordinator, Works Crew
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment Dates: 12/6/2017-2/9/2018
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. Additionally, role is lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). Position is also required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility and strength is required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates production department operations and logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Updates production plans, including installation and timing of transportation signage, snow removal for venues/parking lots, barricade cover delivery schedule, propane replenishment for outdoor heaters, etc.
• Provides ongoing communication regarding production plans with internal and external stakeholders.
• Negotiates and maintain contracts with snow removal and propane vendors.
• Conducts pre and post Festival inventory of various supplies, equipment, and transportation signs returning all items to storage or vendors by deadline.
• Conducts supply and equipment runs to maintain stock as necessary.
• Assists the Marketing Department with barricade banner setup and teardown.
• Trains, supervises, assigns shifts and evaluates Works Crew Volunteers to ensure successful operations.
• Physically removes snow, installs transportation signage, replenishes propane (at Festival venues, shuttle stops, and parking lots), continuously monitors conditions and conduct maintenance as needed.
• Distributes supplies and equipment, such as outdoor heaters, snow shovels, salt, sand, and hay to theatres, venues, and shuttle stops.
• Assists Production Department with various Festival setup and teardowns as directed.
• Proactively follows up with vendors to receive invoices for processing. Communicates invoice discrepancies with Assistant Director.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years production experience.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work an intense schedule, including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
, Experience and Skills:
• Basic carpentry and painting skills.