Festival Box Office Team Lead
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 12/27/2017-1/29/2018
Considerations: Position is typically lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Performs administrative and operational duties while assisting the Associate Manager with supervising the Park City Box Office ticket agents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prints and distributes Ticket Pick-Up on a daily basis as patrons arrive at box office.
• Assists with conducting trainings and providing support to the box office ticket agents and volunteers.
• Balances all cash drawers at the end of each shift and at the end of each day.
• Double-checks and signs off on each ticket agent's reconciliation sheet.
• Ensures ticket agents make daily bank deposits in the safe and record deposits on the End of Day summary log.
• Facilitates daily pick-ups of box office bank deposits with the finance department.
• Runs daily audit reports to monitor ticket agent activity and to research discrepancies.
• Runs daily accounting and other ticket reports as directed.
• Installs, configures, and troubleshoots problems with ticket printers.
• Clears all expenses thru the Associate Manager prior to being charged.
• Monitors supplies to maintain adequate stock, includes film guides, ticket and envelope stock, etc.
• Provides timely and ongoing communication with ticket agent staff when changes in policies, procedures, screenings, etc. occur.
• Communicates problems and concerns Institute Manager or Festival Associate Manager.
• Supports department planning and move when box office relocates to off site location and back to main PC office, includes packing, setting up, tearing down, returning equipment, etc.
• Provides feedback for written wrap report.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 1-2 years call center or customer service experience.
• Conflict resolution skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing stressful situations.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to stand and walk for long durations 12 hours a day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience working with Toptix or another ticketing system preferred.