SXSW Gaming Competitions Associate
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
The Competitions Associate for SXSW Gaming works closely with the Programming and Sales teams to plan, produce, and execute on a number of competitions during SXSW Gaming including, but not limited to, the SXSW Gaming Awards and SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition.
This role is best suited for a collaborative candidate with strong communication skills, close attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a high-stress and fast-paced environment. The Competitions Associate is key to the advancement process for SXSW Gaming competitions, working with organizers, and participants at each stage to coordinate logistics, support outreach, and manage internal databases.
Remote work is not available for this role. Approximate Seasonal dates: November 2017 – April 2018
IMPORTANT NOTE: If including a cover letter, please attach it to your resume, do not include it in the body of your email.
Emerging Events (SXSW Gaming)
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Self-starter with strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service experience
• Strong attention to detail, copy-editing experience
• Knowledge of video games and gaming culture required
• Video editing and production skills a plus
• Proficiency with Mac iOS and the Google suite
• FileMaker experience recommended
• Assist in outreach to gaming companies, from AAA publishers to indie developers to encourage entries in the SXSW Gaming Awards competition
• Research new and under-the-radar titles to include in the competition; brainstorm potential new categories to add to the Gaming Awards in future years
• Maintain Gaming Awards database and assist in facilitating Gaming Awards judging by SXSW Gaming Advisory Board and staff
• Handle advancement of Gaming Awards finalists, including making sure they have representatives at Gaming Awards Ceremony, and act as on-site contact for Awards nominees and Awards Ceremony talent
• Assist with on-site production of the Gaming Awards Ceremony, including coordinating with talent and entertainment
• Act as point of contact for potential production partners for Gaming Awards Ceremony
• Oversee production of video content for the Gaming Awards Ceremony, including introductory video, game trailers; oversee curation of music for Gaming Awards Ceremony
• Manage reviewing of indie games by SXSW Gaming staff and Advisory Board for Gamer's Voice Awards
• Manage entries and database for SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition
• Work with Pitch Competition production partner to curate and invite finalists for SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition
• Serve as SXSW Gaming staff contact for mentors and judges for SXSW Gaming Pitch Competition
• Serve as on-site contact for Pitch Competition finalists and assist production partner with execution of Pitch Competition event
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online