Vice President, Talent & Media Relations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Vice President, Talent & Media Relations - Crackle
VICE PRESIDENT, TALENT & MEDIA RELATIONS - CRACKLE
Crackle, is currently seeking a talented Vice President, Talent & Media Relations with a passion for marketing in an ever changing media universe. Reporting directly into the EVP / General Manager, Digital Networks the position's primary responsibilities are to lead all consumer public relations efforts for the Crackle brand and its various properties (original series, specific verticals, etc.).
Position will be based at our Culver City, CA headquarters.
• Set broad communications strategy and goals for the Crackle network, developing implementation plans against it
• Create and execute consumer and trade publicity strategies for launching and sustaining original programming
• Manage consumer PR Agency of Record (AOR) on a day to day basis, enhancing Crackle's presence in digital, advertising and traditional consumer press
• Pro-actively develop and execute against ideas to raise Crackle's awareness in the consumer and trade press
• Manage all day to day outreach to press, bloggers, and the media community
• Communicate priorities and key programs to the teams that will execute against them
• Draft communications briefs and manage press release process
• Manage all press events for both the Crackle brand and its original content launches (e.g., Original show premiers, TCA, Upfronts, etc.).
• Manage awards submission and FYC campaign processes
• Assess performance against goals on a regular basis, proactively making recommendations based on this analysis
• At least 10 years of media relations leadership experience in a network and /or studio environment
• Deep knowledge of and passion for the digital media universe
• Well connected in social media and well versed in the social space
• Excellent written communication skills
• Highly creative; ability to generate ideas and execute against them
• Significant experience in public relations and digital media
• High degree of enthusiasm combined with a problem solver mentality
• Excellent judgment regarding what is newsworthy and promotable, and/or how to position news as relevant to the media and their audience
• Strong existing relationships with key press
• Previous studio or network experience a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios