Vice President, Legal
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
VP, Legal - Animation
The Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Legal department is hiring a mid-level attorney to support Sony Pictures Animation (SPA) and SPE's live action motion picture labels. This production attorney position entails the drafting and negotiating of contracts in connection with animated and hybrid motion picture development and production, the handling of all legal aspects of motion picture development, production and distribution, working closely with senior business executives and supervising junior attorneys.
• Drafting and negotiating contracts (in concert with and under the direction of Business Affairs executives) for the development and production of live action, animated and hybrid motion pictures.
• Reviewing license agreements and productions contracts and providing comments and negotiating them to signature and dealing with all legal issues arising in connection with live action, animated and hybrid motion picture production.
• Reviewing chain of title and rights issues in connection with live action, animated and hybrid motion picture production.
• Supervision of junior attorneys
• Member CA Bar/JD Required
• 5 years relevant legal experience with entertainment law firm or entertainment company
• Knowledge of contract law and legal issues specific to entertainment law
• Skill In drafting of contracts and trouble-spotting
• Ability to draft agreements, work independently, exercise judgment based on experience and supervise other attorneys
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios