VP, New Media & TV Distribution & Business Development, Asia
Sony PicturesHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
Vice President/Senior Vice President, New Media & TV Distribution & Business Development, Asia
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, International Distribution, APAC, as a senior member of Sony Pictures Television (SPT) team, this individual will work closely with the senior sales executives across Greater China, Southeast Asia, India and Korea in both evaluating and structuring deals to optimize results and ensure revenue budgets are reached or exceeded as well as to ensure alignment with overall divisional and corporate objectives. This individual will have the responsibility for deal negotiations and analyses, including review of deal models, term sheets and long form agreements across new media (EST, VOD, SVOD, AVOD) and traditional media (TV networks). Further, he/she will also assist in assessing, negotiating and reviewing any agreements for local content production and/or acquisitions.
He/she is required to be client-facing and to be the co-lead on larger deal negotiations alongside each region's senior sales executives. Acts as a critical liaison between Sony Pictures Television, Home Entertainment and Theatrical Releasing Group in developing windows and pricing strategies to achieve overall maximum benefits for Sony Pictures Entertainment. Additionally, he/she will work closely with internal teams which includes Sales, Planning and Operations, Legal and Finance teams.
To also identify and assess local business opportunities that can fuel SPT's growth and be a thought leader on new video consumption business models, this includes monitoring and assessing feasibility and market potential of such models and their impact on SPE.
Overview of core responsibilities
• Deal analyses and negotiations alongside SPT regional sales executives on larger and strategic licensing deals; Work with Legal, Finance and Planning and Operations on term sheets, deal modeling and contracts
• Deal analyses and negotiations on local content acquisition/investment opportunities
• Discovery and thought leadership on new content delivery business models, its market potential for SPT and how SPT can monetize materially from these new models
• Has over 10 years of relevant business experience, with at least 5 years in the media/TV industry
• MBA preferred, Bachelor degree required
• Strong financial and commercial skills are a necessity. Advanced analytical/modelling skills, advanced in crafting and reviewing term sheets, proficient in reviewing legal agreements
• Excellent business acumen and has strong leadership and management skills
• Extremely good and structured communicator, both verbal and written, team player with high energy and positive attitudes
• Attention to details, highly analytical
• Genuine interests in understanding and embracing new business models
• Unsatisfied with status-quo, hyper-growth orientation, ambitious
• Experience as an analyst in an investment bank or management consultancy an advantage
• Fluent in English, Asian language abilities an advantage
Interested candidates are invited to send your application with detailed CV, current and expected salary, and notice period.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
* Sony Pictures – HKG – Hong Kong