Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Traffic Coordinator (12 month maternity cover)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks operates branded entertainment channels around the world. The channels offer high quality film and television content from Sony Pictures and third party distributors, as well as original content commissioned globally and locally.
SPT Networks currently has an exciting opportunity for a Traffic Coordinator to join their London based team on a 12 month fixed term basis to cover the maternity leave of another employee.
The traffic team manages technical delivery workflows with content distributors around the world, working to bring movies, programmes, music videos and other content into the company. This work supports SPT's EMEA channels, which cover General Entertainment, Kids, Movies and Music genres. The Traffic team also manages the distribution of content into SPT's many VOD services across the EMEA territory.
The team supervises all content through SPT's suite of delivery, QC and other material handling systems and works closely with colleagues in the Compliance team to ensure that content has been confirmed as technically and editorially suitable for broadcast in the destination territories, and with the Scheduling team to ensure content is accurately logged in SPT's metadata systems including the Vision application from Imagine Communications.
There is close liaison with all Territory Directors, channel management, acquisition, planning and on-air teams across the business. This role also works closely with the Technical Operations and IT groups on the business systems and infrastructure that underpin the department.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Traffic, the role will involve, but will not be limited to:
• Being the main point of contact for all acquired content for both internal and external use
• Ingest from tape (where required)
• Intake of file-based material using SPT's various media asset management tools such as Aspera
• Assessment of all material for transmission and VOD distribution using judgment and experience
• Working closely with the Compliance team to task Editors and exchange metadata
• Creating and inputting of metadata where required, into SPT's linear and VOD management systems
• Servicing both internal clients (e.g. promo, marketing, programming teams) and external (e.g. playout, VOD, catch-up)
• Operating in an international office with colleagues, distributors and clients around the world
• Understand the broadcast and VOD distribution chain, and communicate effectively with al third parties involved in carrying our content to viewers
• Presenting and communicating status updates to both senior management and peers
• Being part of a team that has main responsibility for tracking, processing, delivery and broadcast of all long-form materials across 20 linear and non-linear channels
and/or Experience Required
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of file formats, file delivery methods, new distributor file testing, transcoding and asset storage
• Knowledge of broadcast standards (PSE, R128 etc)
• Awareness of OFCOM regulations
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise a varied workload that changes on a daily basis, understand commercial needs and respond to short notice requirements
• Experience in localisation of content for transmission (Russia, Italy, Germany) desirable
• Experience of broadcast scheduling systems (Vision) desirable
• Experience of enterprise Media Asset Management systems desirable
If you feel that you meet the above requirements then please submit your CV and Cover Letter today as we would love to hear from you!
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London