Technical Specialist, Active Directory - Global IT Shared Services
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Systems Engineer, AD – Global IT Shared Services
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
We are looking for a Technical Specialist, Active Directory to support our Global IT Shared Services team (GISS), specifically the Network Applications team (NWA). The role is based in Culver City, CA. The primary purpose of this role is to support the NWA Service Delivery team in the provision of services to NWA customers in the Americas region. The incumbent will also participate in regional and global projects to enhance NWA services in line with NWA strategy.
• Work as part of the Service Delivery Team to support Network Applications services to its internal customers (the business).
• Keeps abreast of all relevant technological and architectural developments internal and external to Sony, and evaluation of the benefits and requirements of implementing any of these technologies in relation to Sony's business needs.
• Play a key role within the global NWA service delivery team to assist with transition and transformation of existing 'on-premise' services to the Cloud. Example being Office365.
• Engage providers in design activities, conduct interviews, group workshops, and surveys to determine infrastructure requirements and develop solutions.
• Work closely with existing and future outsource partners and vendors to enhance NWA services. Provide last-line operational support 'when appropriate' in the case of re-occurring production issues that needs deep dive support from the architecture team.
• Actively participate in regional and global technical meetings and workshops as required.
• Assist the NWA service delivery team in the delivery of services and projects where appropriate.
• Participate in regional or global task-forces to expedite the delivery of Infrastructure services or change to NWA customers.
• Work closely with colleagues in Sony's various security divisions to maintain and enhance systems security and implement improvements where needed to mitigate business risk.
Certifications: Architecture related qualifications (Togaf) or related certification preferred.
Expert level in Microsoft Identity and access management services (Active Directory, ADFS, PKI) and Exchange Messaging.
Good experience and understanding of Microsoft UC technologies (Lync, Skype, Skype for Business). Comprehensive understanding and familiarity with the following: Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, PKI, SCCM.
Good understanding of Office 365 and supporting services (AADC, Dir-Sync)
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Excellent problem solving skills
Strong negotiation skills
Excellent technical leadership and mentoring skills
Excellent analytical skills
Confidence to communicate and present clearly to Senior Management, customers and stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft based Enterprise infrastructure services.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate at all levels including technical, senior regional and global management, inside and outside the organization.
Ability to think 'outside the box' to develop services and solutions to enhance the Network Applications Services portfolio.
Excellent customer service skills. Able to clearly understand customer requirements and translate these into workable solutions.
7 Years experience in technical role
Experience of working in diverse international locations and multicultural environments and working effectively in teams across geographical regions.
Experience in the transition of traditional on-premise infrastructure services to Cloud services such as Office365.
Experience of working closely with outsource partners, vendors and other third-parties to deliver technical solutions and programs of change.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios