Strategic Sourcing Manager - Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing - Marketing
The Sr Manager will work with various domestic and international Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE) business units to assist with the strategic sourcing of marketing-related services, products, and technology. The ideal candidate has strong strategic sourcing/procurement experience, has great interpersonal skills as well as experience in sourcing marketing categories specifically. The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently and capable of and excited to define and expand their role.
• Proactively develop and implement strategic sourcing projects in marketing categories:
• Develop and implement category sourcing plans/strategies across marketing categories including but not limited to: media planning and buying, marketing print, creative, social, digital advertising, marketing technology, data/analytics, promotional items, publicity and events, market research, etc.
• Develop and manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or Request for Information (RFIs) for marketing categories including the collection of business requirements, management of vendor communications, review, analysis, and summarization of vendor responses, internal stakeholder meetings, savings calculations, etc.
• Negotiate and draft enterprise-wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk and provide optimal terms and conditions.
• Assess and report cost savings, cost avoidance, process improvements, added value, enhanced quality, resource optimization, etc.
• Review marketing spend profile to identify future sourcing opportunities
• Coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities and requirements gathering with other Sony business units as required.
• Develop and manage internal relationships with marketing stakeholders throughout SPE's various business units:
• Communicate with both day-to-day teams and senior management on projects and provide support for all business units including: motion picture, television, and home entertainment.
• Proactively meet with new marketing stakeholders to develop relationships and understand goals, objectives, and priorities.
• Manage cross-functional teams, including marketing, operations, finance and legal from multiple business units, to consolidate business requirements, provide updates, project management, and be central point of contact.
• Maintain strong relationships with existing marketing stakeholders, including an understanding of preferences for data, information, and presentation style.
• Collaborate with marketing stakeholders to identify process improvements, inefficiencies, new technologies, and approaches to marketing strategies.
• Develop and manage external supplier relationships and agreements:
• Manage strategic supplier relationships, including coordination of quarterly business reviews, annual governance meetings, financial discussions, and participation in status meetings / project updates.
• Monitor quality service and performance of suppliers, including management of service evaluations, and serve as a resource to resolve issues.
• Communicate with existing and potential suppliers to understand new technologies, innovations, industry trends, best practices, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Maintain active knowledge of best-in-class agencies, market rates, and spend profile for the marketing categories and benchmark with other organizations.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing-related sourcing.
• Strategic Sourcing expertise in: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing/reviewing spend analysis, developing sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, contract negotiation, contract management, supplier bench-marking, contract compliance.
• Experience in negotiating domestic and international service agreements.
• Experience in drafting large marketing and/or outsourcing agreement.
• - Undergraduate Degree (Required)
• Business/Finance/Marketing related degree (Preferred)
• CPM/CPSM/FCCM or other similar certification (Preferred)
• MS Office Suite skills (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (Required)
• Proficiency in sourcing skills and procure-to-pay functions
• Has a good understanding of media planning and buying (traditional and digital), television and theatrical marketing research, marketing print services, creative services, social, digital advertising, marketing technology, data/analytics promotional items, publicity and events, etc.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and in person)
• Advanced project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Strong contract drafting skills. Understands and able to draft and negotiate complex legal terms and conditions with minimal legal support, and explain to clients in an easy to understand manner.
Attributes for Success
• Self starter
• Strategic thinker
• Effective communicator
• Organized and effective multitasking
• Dynamic manager
• Learn quickly and apply knowledge
• High personal integrity and ethics
• Effectively manage relationships
• Make decisions quickly and effectively
• Logically and tactfully manage issues and conflicts
• Able to influence others
• Flexibility to learn and to work in a variety of commodities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios