Spring Intern - Studio Operations Group Finance
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Studio Operations Group Finance Intern, Corporate – Spring 2018
OVERVIEW: A BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR DEPARTMENT
The Studio Operations Group Finance Intern will be hands-on, learning different facets of the post-theatrical mastering and distribution business. Using this knowledge, the Studio Operations Group Finance intern will help to design and develop new financial planning and reporting tools & metrics in order to allow Operations partners to better understand, grow and streamline their businesses.
will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Using Excel to create monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc financial reports
• Researching cost drivers on specific titles using multiple systems
• Manipulate large data sets and reconciling discrepancies
• Assisting in the creation of management reporting packages and presentations
• Assisting in the budgeting and forecasting process
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Creating financial models
• Exposure to all aspects of post-theatrical mastering and distribution (post-production as well as distribution)
• How to perform cost analysis and create management reports
• How to evaluate title cost performance
• How to read financial statements
• Exposure to multiple divisions within the studio (Television, Home Entertainment, IT, etc.)
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required
• Finance, Economics, or Business Administration major required.
• Knowledge and/or interest in Entertainment
• Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, embedded formulas, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Resourceful self-starter
• Ability to quickly learn new systems.
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring internship is from Tuesday, January 9th or Wednesday, January 17th through May 4, 2018. All candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week with respect to their school schedule and be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios