Spring Intern - Sourcing And Procurement Technology
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Sourcing and Procurement Technology Intern, Corporate – Spring 2018
The Sourcing and Procurement Technology Intern will support the Executive Director and various Procurement category managers by gathering and analyzing data to identify opportunities for cost savings, support strategic sourcing opportunities, and drive greater cost savings and process improvements across Sony Pictures Entertainment's (SPE's) business units.
This position is an excellent opportunity with a diverse range of projects across numerous categories. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter, with excellent analytical and communication skills who is excited to define and expand their expertise within Sourcing and Procurement.
• Understand and manipulate spend from SPE's various third-party spend and cost management systems.
• Gather market research/data and conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to develop sourcing strategies and provide recommendations
• Recommend opportunities for data improvement and cleansing
• Analyze third-party spend to identify opportunities for cost savings
• Review internal processes/policies and provide recommendations for improvement
• Profile suppliers and segment spend
• Perform total cost/supply analysis to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
• Analyze industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
• Understand and assist in the development and execution of supplier and performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
• Prepare clear, fact-based, executive-level presentations with sourcing strategy recommendations
• Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
• Support Procurement/Sourcing Initiatives and participate on cross-functional sourcing projects
• Analyze spend and opportunities for specific sourcing events and work with category managers to develop and execute a sourcing plan
• Assist, as needed, with commodity and supplier negotiations
• Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria
• Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
• Develop and provide management reports as required
• Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
• Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or a relevant field
• Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees at all level
• Strong analytical skills required
• Experience with Microsoft Office including: Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.
• Strong written and oral communication as well as presentation skills
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work with senior management
• Ability/desire to work in a diverse environment
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring internship is from Tuesday, January 9th or Wednesday, January 17th through May 4, 2018. All candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week with respect to their school schedule and be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios