Spring Intern - Current Programming Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Current Programming Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Spring 2018
The Current Programming department is responsible for managing the day-to-day of all television shows produced by the studio. The team consists of five executives, each who covers over six individual shows. The executives are in charge of guiding the script writing process, notating cuts of episodes, managing budgets, and generally shepherding the creative process from start to finish.
• Rolling calls – this is very specific way to do this for the creative community
• Note-taking on calls – exposure & experience in understanding ''what's'' important
• Scheduling meetings with key leaders and producers in the creative & production industries – this assists in the development of the key players and stakeholders in the industry
• Updating status reports for all series
• In addition to this, the interns will get exposure to some of the critical meetings – development meetings, production meetings etc. and the issues discussed there
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
• Passion and focus on scripted programming
• Previous experience at an agency or production company preferred
• Interest in entertainment industry as a whole
• Good eye for creative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring internship is from Tuesday, January 9th or Wednesday, January 17th through May 4, 2018. All candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week with respect to their school schedule and be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios