Spring Intern - Audit And Residuals Analysis
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Audit and Residuals Analysis Intern, Corporate - Spring 2018
The Residuals and 3rd Party Audit group manages audits initiated by the Company's participants and Guilds with regard to the distribution of all motion picture product. The group includes two executive directors, three managers, and four analysts, and manages approximately 75 to 100 audits in various stages per year. The audit group handles everything from contract review, audit scoping, day-to-day management of audit requests and auditor interaction, and eventual settlement of any issues that arise.
• assisting an audit manager with preparing the reports and schedules required to commence an audit pulling, reviewing, and providing, under the supervision of the manager, supporting documentation requested by auditors
• exposed to system-to-system data reconciliations, tracing transactions from the statement back to the source, and communicating with other business units to gain a better understanding of what the data means and how it relates to the distribution and/or production of motion pictures
• participate in staff and update meetings
As part of this process, the intern will learn:
• How to read third party agreements
• How to apply the terms of the agreements to distribution statements
• Working with the various finance systems, including SAP, and reporting systems utilized by the Company, which will allow the intern to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to real-world finance operations;
• Auditing a company's books and records, again utilizing classroom skills in a real-world setting
The result of learning this process is that the intern has visibility into how the entire studio works, from production to new media distribution - offering the intern a broad view of how a major motion picture company works
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Basic to advanced Excel skills
• Working knowledge of other MS Office products such as Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to read and understand legal documents
• Knowledge of accounting principles and systems
• Ability to work independently, and in a team environment
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring internship is from Tuesday, January 9th or Wednesday, January 17th through May 4, 2018. All candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week with respect to their school schedule and be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios