Senior Research Analyst
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Senior Research Analyst
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The Research Senior Analyst, part of the Americas Research team, supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects across Sony Pictures Television (SPT) two lines of business, Distribution and Production. Some responsibilities include: providing timely ratings analysis on the performance of SPT and competitor product in the U.S., Canada and LATAM, as well as a broad range of market intelligence on the regional and global television industry utilizing secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, industry reports, etc.
- Create and maintain regular reports, from start to end, including the pilot report and key series performance trackers for SPT products and competitors
- Provide ad-hoc ratings analysis to support Americas distribution and LATAM production
- Develop and write sales presentations and TV ratings analysis reports on key products
- Analyze and report on networks grids, social media and OTT trends.
- Gather and disseminate intelligence on regional and global television business and consumer trends across all platforms, Free TV, Cable, Pay TV and SVOD.
- 3 years of experience working in media research/analysis.
- Strong Excel, data visualization and PowerPoint skills are required. Tableau and Prezi experience is a plus.
- Must be numerate, have the ability to analyze audience research data and comfortable working with large data sets.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to write clear, meaningful and concise ratings analyses,
- Experience with Nielsen NNTV, MediaView, NPower, EMSTV, TechEdge, ITVR, Ibope Mediawork Sation and/or Infosys is preferred. Ampere and GWI is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required (written and spoken). Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
- Strong interest and knowledge of international business and cultures and consumer behavior.
- Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organized and a self-starter.
- Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects.
- Experience with primary research is a plus
- Interest in New Media and Social Media.
Bachelor's degree is required. Concentration in Market Research, Consumer Behavior, Business Administration, Economics or other related.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami