Senior Research Analyst, EMEA, TV Networks
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Research Analyst, EMEA, TV Networks
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Across the EMEA region Sony Pictures TV Networks operates TV channels in the Kids, Movies, Music and Entertainment categories, with channel brands including AXN, AXN White, AXN Black, Cine Sony, Film 1, Pop and Tiny Pop. In the UK, SPT is one of the fastest growing TV networks, currently operating 15 linear television channels – distributed across the Freeview, Sky, Virgin and Freesat platforms.
SPT's global research team currently has an opportunity for a Senior Research Analyst, to join their London based team.
The successful candidate in this role will provide resource support to all teams within SPT Networks EMEA. Interpreting, providing context, and reporting on the performance of SPT channels, as well as providing market analysis and insights relevant to developing the channel strategy across both linear TV and developing platforms.
Key teams include: Senior management, Business Development, Programming & Scheduling, Acquisitions, Digital, Ad Sales and Distribution.
Core Responsibilities will include:
• Provide regular reporting on the SPT EMEA Portfolio channel and competitor performance
• Manage ad hoc ratings and market report requests across SPTN's EMEA markets, in particular, markets without any dedicated local research team (eg Italy).
• Support the management of custom/ad hoc Qual & Quant research studies from brief to debrief.
• Collaborate with local research staff in more mature SPTN markets to gain visibility of portfolio performance, understanding local challenges/market needs, ensuring reporting rolls up to London and LA.
• Support business development initiatives across linear/digital and be first line of support with ratings/data/intelligence.
• Work with the global research team to develop key initiatives at a local level in EMEA.
• Maintain understanding of key resources available and how to best utilize them within the business.
• Coordinate and share outputs from other EMEA research teams to promote best practice and key learnings.
Successful candidates must have and/or demonstrate:
• Relevant experience in TV research (typically 3 years ), throughout the major markets/territories of EMEA, including experience across FTA/Pay TV/Subs channels.
• In particular, research experience in supporting the scheduling of Free to Air TV Channels (General Entertainment & Kids)
• Experience of working in research in the Italian TV Market or extensive knowledge of that market. In this respect Italian language skills would be desirable
• Thorough knowledge of extracting, analysing and interpreting TV ratings data via TechEdge, experience of other ratings software also beneficial (EMS/ITVR/Infosys)
• Excellent initiative, organizational and prioritisation skills, with ability to work quickly and accurately, switching between markets in a fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident presenter
• Good understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodology
• Strong interest in media, entertainment and television.
• Awareness of market trends and developing technologies across in European media.
• Must have solid PC computer proficiency with strong working knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word.
• Experience of Tableau or other Data Visualisation tools would be an advantage
• European languages are an advantage
• Educated to degree level.
If you feel that you meet the above requirements, please submit your CV and a covering letter via our careers website in order to be considered.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London