Manager, Supplier Diversity & Sourcing Of Indirect Categories
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Supplier Diversity
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) launched its Supplier Diversity Program in August 2016. This newly created Manager role will help Sony Pictures grow and implement our Supplier Diversity Program. The Manager of Supplier Diversity will support the Director of Supplier Diversity with continuing the implementation of SPE's Supplier Diversity Program. The Manager will assist strategic sourcing managers in sourcing goods and services from diverse suppliers, and will also directly manage strategic sourcing initiatives for indirect categories, including but not limited to: human resources services, facility services, and corporate services.
The ideal candidate has strategic sourcing/procurement experience, great interpersonal skills, and a proven track record in Supplier Diversity. The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently and capable of expanding their role. It is also desirable for the candidate to have existing diverse supplier relationships and experience interacting with diversity councils such as WBENC, NMSDC, etc.
Proactively develop and implement a Supplier Diversity Program for Sony Pictures:
• Continue the implementation of Supplier Diversity Program, achieve the roadmap milestones program goals
• Maintain the ongoing business case for Supplier Diversity at SPE.
• Develop and implement ongoing project plans, budgets, and strategies for the SPE Supplier Diversity program.
• Develop, monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) results to the Sony Pictures Chief Procurement Officer, track and report measures for program success.
• Manage the tools and processes required for a successful program.
• Identify and implement process improvements.
• Enable SPE's strategic sourcing and procurement teams to integrate diverse suppliers into existing and new sourcing frameworks.
Develop and manage internal relationships with internal SPE Business Unit stakeholders to drive growth and adoption of the Supplier Diversity Program:
• Serve as Sony Pictures Procurement's point of contact for all Supplier Diversity initiatives.
• Support communications to and training for SPE business units to gain and maintain program adoption.
• Communicate with a wide variety of clients at many different levels, in different business units including our motion picture, television, and home entertainment business units.
• Develop materials for and support communications and interaction with SPE's Chief Diversity Officer and senior clients to develop program champions.
• Manage cross-functional teams, and serve as liaison for internal diversity groups.
• Liaise with Sony Corporation of America to support the establishment of supplier diversity programs at other Sony entities.
Develop and manage external relationships and partnerships:
• Enhance relationships with Supplier Diversity counsels including but not limited to: WBENC, NMSDC and NGLCC.
• Proactively develop a diverse supplier network, including recruiting and soliciting diverse suppliers, maintain the diverse supplier portal, encourage diverse supplier certification, etc.
• Develop and maintain a supplier diversity application vetting process to ensure vendor applications are reviewed in a timely fashion and analyzed for inclusion in Sony Pictures' supplier database.
• Provide support to procurement operations day-to-day activities
• Identify, evaluate, educate, and develop the capabilities of high potential suppliers in order to match them with sourcing opportunities that not only meet Sony Pictures' sourcing needs but can also align with and drive Sony Pictures' mission and values.
• Liaise with Sony Pictures' Employee Resource Groups to enable program success.
• Periodically arrange onsite events to highlight the availability of diverse businesses enterprise-wide.
• • Professionally manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance and improvement.
• Represent Sony Pictures in meetings, conferences, panels, industry groups, events and other forums, as required.
• Maintain active knowledge/expertise of trends in diversity (generally) and Supplier Diversity.
• Support special projects as needed and performs other related duties as required
Strategic Sourcing Responsibilities
• Support strategic sourcing projects in indirect spend categories primarily in human resources services but also facility services and corporate services
• Execute strategic sourcing activities across the strategic sourcing process, including data collection, demand/supply analysis, strategy, requests for proposals and information, management of bidder communications, review and summarization of bid responses, stakeholder meetings, etc.
• Develop fact-based negotiation strategies and lead negotiations with vendors.
• Support the strategic sourcing team with negotiation and drafting of contract agreements
• Assess and report diversity spend, project cost savings, cost avoidance, time efficiencies, improved quality, and other value added
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Supplier Diversity
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in strategic sourcing of indirect spend categories including human resources, corporate services, facility services, and financial services
• Experience in negotiating domestic and international agreements.
• Experience in developing Supplier Diversity programs.
• Strong knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations that apply to the provisions and limitations of a Supplier Diversity Program
• Undergraduate Degree (Required)
• Business/Finance/Human Resources related degree (Preferred)
• CPM/CPSM/FCCM or similar certifications (Preferred)
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills (both written and in person)
• Advanced project/program management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
• Strong ability to market and sell new ideas
• Analytical skills
• Microsoft Office Suite skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook (including experience with pivot tables, data analysis, databases, etc.)
Attributes for Success:
• Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure
• Strategic thinker
• Effective communicator
• Organized and effective multitasking
• Team focused
• Learn quickly and apply knowledge
• High personal integrity and ethics
• Effectively manage relationships
• Make decisions quickly and effectively
• Logically and tactfully manage issues and conflicts
• Able to influence others
• Flexibility to learn and to work in a variety of commodities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios