Manager, Promotions - Tristar / Screen Gems
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Promotions -TriStar/Screen Gems
The Screen Gems/Tri-Star Marketing department handles all marketing and publicity for Screen Gems and Tri-Star theatrical films. The marketing department covers general marketing, creative advertising, field publicity, national publicity, and partnership marketing. The department interacts closely with the rest of Sony Pictures Entertainment's marketing teams including digital/online, media, exhibitor relations, international marketing, finance, and more.
FIELD MARKETING & PUBLICITY
• Manage local field agencies on a day to day basis. Helps to fulfill their requests for materials and make sure they are implementing the directives for each film, setting up local promotions, press tours, screenings, etc.
• Work directly with field to organize and execute all national partnership tie-ins.
• Assist in coordinating and organizing all domestic press junkets and regional press tours
• Provide additional support to manage Comic Con and all regional convention activations and/or film festivals; Will oversee and coordinate talent schedules and stunts at each event
• Schedule radio tours, TV satellite tours, college conference calls, etc.
PARTNERSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
• Read and break down film scripts and suggest partner viability for product placement and promotion
• Assist in creating targeted brand pitch lists and decks for each film that align with VP's strategy and follow-up with brands to obtain interest
• Manage promotional partners on a day-to-day basis. Send out all creative assets, fulfill requests for materials and route materials for approval
• Administer and track financial commitments and partnership fulfillment/deliverables
• Create promotional presentations in multi-media formats for target companies, filmmakers and senior management
• Develop and maintain proactive communication and relationships with brand partners, agencies and media networks
• Administer and execute LOI's and contracts with partner companies
• Work with other internal divisions as needed to activate partner program deliverables
• Manage logistics for media promotions and special shoots
• Participate in all duties required in executing promotional partnerships
• Additional project management as may be required on a case by case assignment basis
• 5 years' experience in a studio promotions department, advertising or promotion agency with account coordination background
• Expert in Word, Excel, Power Point and Photoshop
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
• Strong Presentation skills
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and high attention to detail
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios