Manager, Production Safety, EMEA
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/13/2018 7:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Manager, Production Safety, EMEA jobs in London-UK
Search all Manager, Production Safety, EMEA postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Production Safety, EMEA? Manager, Production Safety, EMEA
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries.
SPE is currently accepting applications for a regular, full-time Manager, Production Safety EMEA. This position is based at SPE corporate offices located in London, UK and resides in the Security, Environmental, Health and Safety(SEHS) Department.
The position is responsible to help ensure the overall health & safety of the SPE EMEA production workforce and the physical safety of production locations and facilities. Primary responsibilities include the development / implementation / management of programs necessary to ensure a healthy, safe and environmentally sound work place, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental health & safety and environmental regulations.
Duties include working directly with the Executive Director Production Safety, Director - Safety, Sustainability & Continuity EMEA, and the wider SEHS team. The candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, who has demonstrated success implementing similar corporate programs across a geographical region.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Represent the Production Safety Group and SEHS to SPE's EMEA motion picture and television productions;
• Work independently without immediate management supervision;
• Evaluate production concepts, scripts, pitch sheets, etc., for health & safety concerns;
• Mitigate those concerns by working with Producers, Production Managers and other production staff;
• Work with productions to ensure health & safety and environmental compliance;
• Foster long-term, cooperative working relationships with key production stakeholders (safety representatives, Production Managers, etc.);
• Manage and develop relationships with external consultants focusing on a high level of service and competitive pricing;
• Attend recce(s) or technical location scouts;
• Develop and implement SPE production policies including an EMEA Production Safety Manual;
• Coordinate and/or conduct required employee health & safety training;
• Maintain and distribute industrial hygiene monitoring and personal protective equipment (PPE);
• Inspect / evaluate production sets, stages and locations for health & safety concerns;
• Respond to emergencies and incidents involving production employees;
• Investigate production incident and accidents;
• Recommend and monitor necessary corrective actions;
• Notify applicable regulatory agencies as appropriate (Health and Safety Executive(HSE) and other EMEA regulatory agencies);
• Represent the Production Safety Group, SEHS and SPE during regulatory inspections;
• Coordinate with other SPE departments such as Production Administration, Risk Management, Legal Affairs, etc.; and
• Assist in SEHS Safety matters, as necessary.
Education & Experience
• Graduation from an accredited university, preferably with a degree in biology, chemistry, safety management, environmental science, or related field;
• Typically 3 years operating at manager level or above, managing HSE programs for a large corporation with experience across EMEA;
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry, including film and/or TV production; and
• Proven experience within the area of Production Safety or knowledge/expertise in the areas of pyrotechnics, stunt planning, structural engineering, hazardous materials identification and abatement, and/or large-scale construction projects.
Additional Qualification Criteria
• A self-starter with demonstrated ability to develop and achieve measurable goals
• Proven ability to focus on issues and organize tasks to solve complex problems
• Ensure a high-level of internal customer satisfaction and effective customer relations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to speak clearly, persuasively and elicit cooperation.
• Ability to work in an environment where changing priorities are the norm and flexibility is a must; demonstrated skills in managing multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
• Requirement to travel globally
• Strong time management skills
• Languages desirable
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.