Manager, Production Operations TV Mastering
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Production Operations TV Mastering
The Manager is responsible for all day-to-day activities related to the retrieval, preparation, and ingestion of Sony Pictures television content, working directly with productions, vendors and internal and external clients to coordinate and manufacture content for distribution. Responsibilities include: video & audio quality control, manufacturing, file encoding, & digital delivery. The position is specifically responsible for alpha creation, encoding, metadata management and ingesting New Release television titles into the company's digital distribution systems, including but not limited to Picture, Audio and Closed Captioned/Subtitle content.
This team is also responsible for screener workflows, including New Release television, LA Screenings, and Academy Award submissions.
The Manager is expected to set the gold-standard for customer service and collaboration, including prompt, helpful and proactive clarification of issues and status. The Manager will set up the team for success through delegation, coaching, and feedback.
The Manager will conceptualize, document, and implement new workflows ensuring cost efficiency and fastest time to market including setting and enforcing transparent SLAs and material status for all content types. The candidate will be fiscally responsible and ensure Purchase Orders are created correctly and on time and provide financial oversight for the team.
Responsible for timely data entry, integrity and accuracy of tracking information. The Manager is expected to have a detailed understanding of production and post-production processes.
Assist management with special projects and updating/implementing standard operating procedures.
Working closely with the team and Supervisor, facilitate the day-to-day activities of manufacturing and servicing to ensure that materials (audio, subtitles, closed caption files, etc.) are delivered per client's requests as well as ingested into the company's distribution system. Analyze requests in order to fulfill obligations regarding materials for all relevant programming. Escalate when material delivery issues arise (rejections, manufacturing delays, shipping mistakes…) and provide corrective action as needed.
Maintain all servicing activity on designated tracking system in order to track status of clients' delivery. Analyze quality management metrics (on time delivery vs. missed deadlines, amount of product manufactured by primary vendors vs. vendor rejection rate, specific rejection issues etc.), coordinate the collection of these metrics and advise management on recommendations for improvement. Responsible for timely data entry, integrity and accuracy to relevant business systems.
Resolve technical issues such as rejections and digital delivery and constantly review new technology opportunities and incorporate to existing processes to ensure preparation, servicing & archive of materials is performed in the most efficient & cost-effective manner. When fulfillment issues arise, find solutions and present to Department Supervisor. Continually enhance & improve skills through on-going process and systems training. Attend necessary technical and process informational sessions.
Projects/Special Initiatives – Initiate, support and, as required, participate in internal and external matrix teams who are involved in special initiatives and projects as directed by the Supervisor.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors or equivalent experience preferred
• 2 – 3 years of project management and/or video servicing experience
• Creation & delivery of video, audio and digital materials.
• Industry developments (clients, competitors, technology) by reading trade press, SPE news clippings, discussions with internal and external clients.
• General computer applications; such as Microsoft Office. MS EXCEL proficiency is expected. Post Production experience preferred. Understanding of encoding and transcoding terminology.
• Make decisions with limited supervisor input and successfully manage deadlines. Organize data from variety of sources and communicate information in a clear, professional manner.
• Organize data from variety of sources.
• Manage internal and external vendors.
• Generates purchase orders
• Manage QC process
• Ensure effective communication
• Support and, as required, participate in internal and external matrix teams who are involved in special initiatives and projects, which can include; Information Sessions, Management Presentations, team building exercises, cross training, staff development, etc.
• Communicate information in a clear, professional manner.
• Run Reports from databases for analysis of dept activity.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios