Manager, HR Service Operations Center
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, HR Service Operations Center (SOC)
Reporting to the Director of Employee Services, this Manager independently leads and manages a team to ensure efficient and effective execution and high-touch delivery of HR services to Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) employees, managers, and HR business partners. This role oversees a broad scope of HR services to a diverse employee population, including but not limited to the on-boarding of new hires, off-boarding of voluntary terminations, general employee questions, and select employee relations issues. This role also oversees consultation to HR business partners around severance events, as well as other HR matters, and provides training and other support to the HR community. They will interact with employees, managers, and other HR partners at every level of the organization and are responsible for the execution, delivery, and ongoing improvement of the processes and services within purview.
• Manage and lead staff members to ensure effective delivery and execution of HR services and processes (on-boarding, off-boarding, general employee questions, select employee relations issues and severance events).
• Establish and maintain high touch customer service and performance standards and provide supervision, coaching, and mentoring for staff development and growth.
• Resolve any escalations in a timely and customer focused manner, and personally oversee processes and services provided to the highest, executive level of the organization.
• Interact and collaborate with HR partners to communicate and/or present new processes, trends and metrics, or gather and incorporate feedback to ensure that services are being delivered according to business need and are aligned with the SOC's operating principles.
• Continuously identify and analyze opportunities for standardization and process improvement and contribute to the ongoing development and documentation of procedures, processes, and protocols
• Leverage and utilize technology to effectively capture, track, analyze, and report on service delivery metrics and measures.
• BA/BS or advanced degree and a minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience.
• Previous management experience with the ability to provide effective supervision to staff. Experience successfully providing training, coaching, performance management, skill development, feedback, and guidance to a team.
• Demonstrated strong functional knowledge and experience in Human Resources and a thorough understanding of employment practices and employee relations, compliance requirements, and applicable law.
• Experience leading, managing, or overseeing the execution of high volume, advanced level and specialized customer service.
• Proven ability to serve as a business process owner for a variety of complex and multifaceted business processes with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience developing reports, collecting and analyzing data and metrics as well as using this data to monitor progress, service volume, and analyze trends.
• Advanced level of computer skills with ability to use advanced features of various software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated success with leading continuous process improvement activities: review and development of process and procedures, analysis of improvement opportunities, metrics and success measurements, and effectively driving implementation of improvements.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills a must.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios