Manager, Corporate Safety
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Corporate Safety
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries.
SPE is currently accepting applications for a regular, full-time Manager, Corporate Safety. This position is based at SPE corporate offices located in Culver City, CA and resides in the Security, Environmental, Health and Safety(SEHS) Department. The position is responsible to help ensure the overall health & safety of the SPE workforce and facilities. Primary responsibilities include the development / implementation / management of programs necessary to ensure a healthy, safe and environmentally sound work place, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental health & safety regulations. Duties include working directly with the VP EHS, the Executive Director, Production Safety and the SEHS team. The candidate will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, who has demonstrated success implementing similar corporate programs.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Represent the Safety Group and SEHS to SPE employees, productions, guests and third parties
• Manage all corporate safety programs and processes throughout the organization
• Develop and maintain compliance programs to meet and anticipate federal, state and local requirements
• Build and maintain strong relationships with outside regulatory agencies and external stakeholder groups (e.g., NGOs and industry trade groups' alliances)
• Work independently without immediate management supervision
• Manage towards short and long-term program goals with an emphasis on achieving results
• Manage injury and illness prevention and investigation
• Prepare and respond successfully to all internal and external audits and investigations
• Oversight of the SPE Ergonomics program, including the Ergo Team, comprised of four consultants
• Safety programs include, but are not limited to: Confined Space Entry, Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, Ergonomics, Personal Protective Equipment, Powered Lift Truck Safety, and all associated and required training
• Foster long-term, cooperative working relationships with key production stakeholders
• Coordinate and/or conduct required employee health & safety training
• Maintain and utilize industrial hygiene monitoring and personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Respond to emergencies and incidents involving employees
• Recommend and monitor necessary corrective actions
• Notify applicable governmental regulatory agencies and authorities as appropriate
• Assist in SEHS Safety matters, including support for production safety at the studio or on location, on an as needed basis
Education & Experience
• Graduation from an accredited university, preferably with a degree in biology, chemistry, safety management, environmental science, or related field.
• Typically, 3 years operating at manager level, managing safety programs for a large corporation.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry, including film and/or TV production.
Additional Qualification Criteria
• A self-starter with demonstrated ability to develop and achieve measurable goals.
• Proven ability to focus on issues and organize tasks to solve complex problems.
• Ensure a high-level of internal customer satisfaction and effective customer relations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to speak clearly, persuasively and elicit cooperation.
• Ability to work in an environment where changing priorities are the norm and flexibility is a must; demonstrated skills in managing multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Strong time management skills.
• Languages desirable.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios