Manager Content Strategy
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager Content Strategy
Crackle, Inc., a Sony Network, is the leading ad-supported OTT network. We handpick the best movies and shows for our audience to enjoy anytime, anywhere. We are a global digital brand, with distribution in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and Latin America-available on mobile, tablets, game consoles, smart TVs, and every other possible device.
Sony Pictures Television is looking for a highly motivated and analytical Manager of Content Strategy and Analytics for the Crackle Programming team. In this role, you will report to the VP of Programming & Acquisitions and assist with driving financial and strategic analyses across all content (Acquired and Original Productions) and devices. Additionally, you will provide thought leadership, guide critical business development decisions, and relay actionable insights and recommendations to cross-functional teams, including Development, Operations, Product, and PR. Further responsibilities include detailed content performance reporting, honing metrics, building business financial models, forecasting, deal analysis and strategic planning activities related to content, marketing and device UX. You must have a passion for long-form content, digital media, attention to detail, and impeccable follow-through skills.
• Generate and distribute Original movies and TV series performance reports and ad hoc analyses in key genres (Comedy, Drama, Action, Thriller) to Crackle staff
• Report on viewer behavior / content consumption, across the U.S., Canada, and Australia networks to internal stakeholders – including merchandising levers, such as ''Always On''
• Provide viewership with emphasis on M 25-49 and M 18-34 insights by platform to optimize user engagement Crackle-wide
• Provide key analytic and research support for the design and implementation of growth strategies into various content verticals
• Support on-net promotion strategy with findings
• Prepare presentations and content performance reports for regular meetings with various internal constituents, including senior executives
• Assist with ongoing Adobe Analytics updates that are critical to the Company's business intelligence and decision-making process
• Ongoing ROI analysis of all content on Crackle to help inform programming strategy, promotion and budget allocation
• BA/BS required
• Expert proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
• 1 – 3 years of work experience as a financial or research analyst in a digital media organization
• Knowledge of Adobe Analytics, FreeWheel MRM Analytics, SQL, and Tableau
• Ability to understand implications and context of analysis for movie and TV content and take initiative to investigate further when confronted with inconsistent or interesting results
• Extraordinary high level of commitment to accuracy and meeting deadlines
• Self-starter, with ability to thrive in dynamic business environment that requires multi-tasking, rapid learning and prioritizing under deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in cross-functional, team environments
• Superior verbal communication skills, with demonstrated skill presenting analyses to management
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios