Local 174 Legal Admin
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Local 174 Legal Admin
The Sony Pictures Corporate Legal team has an open Administrative Assistant I role in their Culver City headquarters. The role primarily supports two production attorneys [(with backstop for other attorneys when other assistants are out)].
The applicant must have strong organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and computer skills. The ideal candidate will also be able to complete administrative tasks effectively and anticipate needs, as well as have the ability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Common sense, discretion and attention to detail are a must.
Legal or Business Affairs administrative experience with a law firm or major company is preferred.
• Managing document flow, including creating and maintaining paper and computer files
• Word processing (composing, generating and revising legal agreements, letters, memos and fax cover sheets)
• Handling phone calls and messages accurately
• Gathering signatures on documents
• Distributing and following-up on documents
• Keeping the legal files for attorney projects.
• Updating workflow database
• Scheduling meetings and handling calendar
• Proofreading and editing
• Processing expense reports
• Perform special assignments, projects and other general administrative as needed
• Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all matters
• At least 2 years' experience as a legal or business affairs assistant
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be able to complete administrative tasks effectively and anticipate needs
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to revision
• Commonsense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
• Build and maintain relationships with other departments and cross functional groups
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios