Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The theatrical motion picture group (supporting various divisions including Columbia, TriStar, Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Animation) is seeking a production attorney at the ''Counsel'' level.
The job entails drafting and negotiating contracts (in concert with and under the direction of senior attorneys and business affairs executives) in connection with the development, production, and distribution of motion pictures.
Additionally, the attorney will:
• review chain of title documents and opine on rights issues
• review license agreements and production contracts in connection with motion picture production and provide comments and negotiate such agreements and contracts to signature
• deal with all legal issues arising in connection with motion picture production.
• JD / Member of CA Bar Required
• 2 years of legal experience in the entertainment industry preferred
• knowledge of contract law and legal issues specific to entertainment law (production and intellectual property issues)
• Skill in the drafting of agreements
• Ability to review agreements and to trouble-spot legal issues
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, learn and understand Company policies and parameters and exercise judgment based on experience.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios