Head Of Digital & Online Distribution , UK & Ireland
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Head of Digital & Online Distribution (Sales), UK & Ireland
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
The Sony Pictures Home Entertainment team manages Digital and Physical distribution of Feature Film and TV content for Sony Pictures Entertainment. A major content producer headquartered in Culver City, Los Angeles, but leveraging a global footprint.
The UK Commercial team is comprised of an integrated group of digital & physical distribution plus analytics professionals who work together to develop effective distribution initiatives that deliver against the overall growth goals of SPE.
The UK & IE Digital and Online distribution team manages all digital transactional (EST & VOD) relationships with content partners across the region, with the key objective of driving digital growth through best in class partnerships that are grounded in insight-led strategies and initiatives. The team also manages the strategically important Amazon Physical distribution business.
Based in London and reporting into the VP Commercial, this role will be responsible for continuing to develop the studio's future UK digital strategy which will deliver against the business' commercial targets and objectives.
As Head of Digital and Online Distribution, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the UK digital and online financial targets, leading a team of 3 account managers who act as the day to day points of contact for retail partners.
This role offers true growth and development potential as the successful candidate will be an integral part of the SPHE Commercial Management team and will be encouraged and enabled to take an entrepreneurial approach to deliver against overall growth goals.
20% - Digital & Online Strategy
• Provide strategic leadership and direction to maximize GP for the UK business and deliver against growth goals
• Accountable for shaping the digital and online strategy which will be fundamentally based on consumer and market insights
• Work closely with the Commercial Planning team to further grow understanding of the digital & online consumer and market dynamics as well as analyzing and forecasting performance to help build future strategic initiatives
• Form effective relationships with the EMEA Commercial Partnership team and international colleagues to achieve synergies and best practices
• Work closely with SPE's TV distribution division to align on strategy, budgeting and commercial considerations
25% - Commercial Responsibility
• Lead Commercial representative in licensing, terms and distribution negotiations
• Full accountability for delivering the digital and online fiscal targets, working closely within this process with the Commercial Planning and Finance teams to ensure accuracy, robustness and alignment of numbers
• Communicate performance and provide context with the highest competence to the senior team
• Support VP Commercial in various tasks as required
25% - Partnerships
• Build strong and effective relationships with senior contacts at platforms through an insight-led selling approach
• Manage the Digital and Online team to deliver best in class partnerships through the Quarterly, Annual and ad hoc planning and execution cycles
• Deliver incremental growth through 3rd party relationships such as bundle deals, brand partnerships and retail expansion
• Leadership of the Account Management Team, comprising three direct reports, through mentoring, training, motivation and feedback
• Work with NAMs to ensure SPHE are always engaged with customers, providing excellent service and responding on a timely basis to opportunities
• Role model and develop the team's ''Challenger mindset'' based on SPHE's 8 Winning behaviors for Commercial people
• Actively manage performance to reward the best performing team members & take early action to develop/manage under achievers.
• Contribute to a highly engaged culture across the organization. Lead and motivate the Sales Channel through mentoring, coaching, feedback and learning & development opportunities.
• Previous experience in the Home Entertainment business, or similar FMCG environment
• Typically 3 – 5 years experience gained in the digital distribution sector within a major movie Studio, Home Entertainment company or other digital content licensing company
• Experience in forecasting and delivering against business targets and a pro-active nature in building value
• Experience in the licensing process - term sheet drafting & negotiation
• Commercial leadership experience, with demonstrable success in delivering against financial performance targets.
• Experience in effective people leadership and management
• Thorough understanding of the digital marketplace, emerging trends and future developments
• Excellent knowledge of customer management and an existing network of industry contacts
• A successful track record in dealing with retailers at a head of category level, and fronting & closing trade negotiations
• A practiced ability to lead change, align key stakeholders, motivate and guide others through times of transition & reinvention.
• A high standard in influencing and interpersonal skills in order to build and develop strong client and internal relationships
• Coaching & developing direct reports, providing regular & consistent development feedback. Proven ability to effectively manage a sales force.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organisational skills, as well as strong planning and analytical capability
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Passionate about innovation and creating unique solutions
• Managing excellence in trading relationships with market partners
• Identifying strategic & tactical deals, and understanding how to deliver
• Accountability – owning issues and making decisions quickly
• A true team player, who brings energy, drive and a positive approach
• Successfully manage a P&L
• MS Office Suite, Excel proficiency required
• Build strong personal relationships, and manage a wide network of contacts including customers and industry links
• Relentlessly drive the business to deliver against financial and strategic priorities. Demonstrate best in class initiative into action and cultivate this in the wider organization through interactions with individuals and teams.
• Keep close to customers, competitors and colleagues to identify and develop best practice approaches
• Show flexibility and adaptability alongside good judgement and decision-making skills
• Comfortable with ambiguity in a dynamic, changing, commercial environment
• Manage an Innovation mindset, relentless curiosity and a genuine interest in emerging technologies & the media landscape
• Demonstrate true learning agility
• Build effective teams, understanding the importance of team culture & values.
• Act collaboratively at all times to build successful internal and external relationships
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are looking for your next exciting opportunity, we would love