Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, TV Distribution
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, TV Distribution
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Located in London, the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager's role is to support the planning, forecasting and reporting activities of the TV Distribution business across EMEA. Working closely with the business the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager ensures that key decision makers have the information, analysis and tools available to make the best choices for SPE. Excellent communication skills are key as this individual will have to work effectively with sales teams across EMEA and with Home Office Finance in Los Angeles
The role covers the TV Distribution activity for London and the European field offices (Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Russia and Dubai). There will be involvement with most, if not all, of the offices on a regular basis.
Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting
• Preparation, review and presentation of sales budgets and forecasts for each sales territory, working closely with the Sales teams across Europe and senior management in London.
• Lead and facilitate the annual Medium Range Plan (MRP) process.
• Support the sales teams through detailed contract reviews, challenging assumptions
• Assist in the preparation of presentation materials and strategic plans for review with senior management in Home Office.
• Prepare concise and insightful management reporting to help sales teams understand performance, the level of risk within their plans and detailed variance analysis.
• To become an expert in RPM (our sales planning and forecasting system) to a mentor level.
• Be a key point of contact with Home Office to discuss queries and find solutions to problems.
• Prepare distribution team overhead budgets
Analysis & Support
• Support the VP Finance and sales teams with insightful business analysis.
• Build financial models to share with the sales teams.
• Understand the revenue drivers of the business and ways of adding value.
• Key business partner to the sales teams.
Control and Risk Management
• Create and maintain appropriate business and financial controls for forecast, planning and reporting processes with financial impact and maintains internal control safeguards.
• Maintain a high understanding of Risk Management. Challenge and advise management if necessary.
• Become the key area of control in data management for your areas. Make sure the communication channels are clear and concise.
• Be the key liaison between FP&A and the Financial Accounting team in London and in Poland.
• Understand and improve working capital position
• Establish and ensure adherence to Sony accounting policies and US GAAP
Projects and Continuous Improvement
• Identify and improve enabling tools and systems to provide enhanced financial and operational information
• Embrace system enhancements and take the lead in implementing change.
• Support and engage in ad hoc projects as required.
/Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
Successful candidates will typically have 3 – 5 years previous experience in finance with some experience in the Entertainment industry and be degree educated and professionally qualified (ASA, CIMA or equivalent).
They will also meet the following criteria:
Demonstrated, expert knowledge of:
• All applicable accounting principles (e.g US GAAP), statutory standards, International financial reporting standards (IFRS), and how to apply them, and when applicable
• Tools, approaches, roles, techniques, processes and/or procedures needed to:
• Maintain and update the latest forecast, and prepare variance analysis as required.
• Establish and monitor budgets for the field offices throughout the fiscal year. This is a key aspect to the role.
• Create and maintain accurate and thorough financial summaries.
• Update and validate RPM information – bespoke TV Sales reporting system.
• Recognize, anticipate, and resolve organization, operations or process problems.
• Deal with changes and adapt to a changing environment.
Demonstrated, expert skill in:
• Analysis of financial and non financial data to provide insight into performance to enable appropriate decisions to be made. The person will be expected to participate in regular meetings with senior management and to have a thorough understanding of the information being presented.
Demonstrated, expert ability to:
• Provide clear, understandable and meaningful insights in to the business to support the management in making informed business decisions. Provide best in class reporting to assist understanding of performance
• Effectively communicate to both finance and non-finance personnel, and have a willingness to generate and share information.
• Work in a dynamic and fast moving and changing environment, and manage multiple priorities.
• Effectively transmit, receive and accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors, tools and techniques.
• Establish and build healthy relationships with clients, vendors and peers in an effort to create an environment committed to providing excellent and continually improving service.
• Build, manage and work as an effective team.
• Experience of working in an international organization and in the entertainment sector.
• Interest in key industry trends such TV Ad market, broadband trends, production trends, channel development
• Motivated by passion to exceed expectations and to continuously improve self, team, and department.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London