Editor, Television Networks
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Editor, Television Networks
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT), a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing and distributing programming in every genre around the world and for a multitude of platforms.
SPT currently has an opportunity for an Editor to join their London based team.
Reporting to the On Air Director, key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Ingesting various types of material (including video, images & audio) from a variety of sources (e.g. tapes, hard drives, ftp servers & video cards), quality control and organising on the SAN.
• Assembling long form sequences of video and audio to set a brief. Aiming to maximise narrative structure and flow wherever possible.
• Liaising with channel managers and promo producers to establish ideas and aims for projects.
• Recording voice over sessions and editing audio.
• Mixing audio (sync audio, voice over, music, etc) to a high standard, observing both the audio configuration of the project and UK transmission guidelines.
• Colour correcting footage to improve quality and grading to match required channel standards and branding.
• Creating graphical elements mainly using After Effects and Photoshop. Exporting with alpha channels where relevant and adding to edit sequences.
• Exporting finished projects to broadcast specification or for various social media platforms.
Suitable candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Typically 2 years of professional experience in Abode Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Speed Grade) with the ability to edit, audio mix and colour correct to a high standard.
• Experience of DaVinci Resolve highly desirable.
• Experience of working on shared storage systems.
• Knowledge of UK Transmission and Ofcom standards and the ability to work within those guidelines.
• Experience of assisting on studio and location based shoots is desirable as production opportunities may arise.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
• A media related degree or equivalent is desirable.
If you feel you meet the above requirements we would love to hear from you! In order to be considered we ask that you please submit your up to date CV and Cover Letter.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London